How much does music affect your emotions?

for sure it affects me. in most cases it gets me in a good mood, but even this metalhead here can have some songs that can make her sad! some of mine are:

Metallica: "Low man's lyric" (especially) and "Mama Said". "Nothing Else Matters" only affects me right now because it reminds me of my ex, it was a special heavy song for us cause we related to it.

Seether: "Broken". a sad but beautiful one.

Motorhead: "1916" a song that paints sad pictures in your mind about war.

ones that keep me in a good mood? ha, thatll make a list long enough to stretch around the world at least twice XD so are you enough of a music lover where songs can affect your emotion? non-headbangers are welcome to answer this too :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha a huge amount! I was a vocalist and wrote songs for years so I may be drawn to it but it's how music effects my emotions that makes me need it, mostly post-hardcore, the used first album effected me from stopping suicide plans years ago to making me start making music and how i live life, for reasons that are meh i can't even listen to a single song from them now, but also love punk, metalcore, deathcore etc etc however I like things from queen and some grime artists to traditional throat singing, mostly just modern pop that I have no interest in

1|0
    0|0
    • nice, and yeah same here man. music saved me from suicide too. I've worked with music and fellow musicians before, its truly a special thing to me. but pop? yeahhh I'm not into that lol

• Show All
    • I also know of a guy who's on youtube (logan Pavia, his channel is that name too) he puts up a TON of covers of songs from many metal subgenres and stuff

• Well this is fun, may find something new :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Tons! I have music ready for every mood and I listen to different type of music before different types of events, meetings or happenings. It runs my life :D

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm surprised you mentioned Mama Said by Metallica! But music is a huge thing in my life. My TV is usually only used if I need to play CD's in my XBox.

I'll Follow You by Shinedown means more a lot to me. It was the song that stuck with me after the concert the day that I proposed to her. Then it became a wedding song, even if our wedding wasn't traditional, and we just had a party at home. I'll Follow You was a crtical song then.

Emotionless by Red Sun Rising is great when I need to get my sadnes out. The lead singer's voice is haunting. Same goes with anything from Motley Crue and Mastadon. I can get my sadness washed from my soul.

My angry songs are anything by Nile and Amon Armath.

I can tell the difference if something like Nile comes on the radio (Pandora) that I have that feeling that I want to let loose and stop being angry.

My piano has seen more tears and anger than anything else. Being able to write something to release any emotions. My wife thinks I'm in a relationship with my piano sometimes! Well... it does out date her... a lot my piano's an oldie but a beauty (it's 70 years old and was there even before me).

1|0
    0|0
    • lol XD well my guitar was my emotional support after I got out of a relationship. its the thing that listens to me as I listen to it lol. I'll follow you is a great song too. and I'm not surprised that you were also surprised I mentioned Mama Said lol. There's stuff from that band that I know that some people are like "a 17 year old knows this?"

• lol it's just that not many Metallica fans know the song. It's one of those weirdly obscure songs.

• I mostly listen to classical music and it really depends on each composer. Chopin makes me think of my crush lol. Rachmaninoff makes me energic. I also enjoy rock and metal. Master of puppets makes me feel like I'm extremely powerful.
    Can't get through a day without music!

1|0
    0|0
    • I know the feeling! and as for master of puppets, hell yea, I'm soon gonna learn to play it on guitar XD

• Show All
    • Ok thanks

• I tried to message you, but I do remember now that you have to be higher level to send messages. I think at least level 2

• I like to listen to music to get into a creative mood, then write so I like trippy stuff with weird music videos

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, a little

1|0
    0|0
  • Tears forms a river on my cheeks.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I love music. I listen to a variety of genres, but I'm mostly into punk rock. I enjoy getting swept away into another world by music in the same way one gets lost in a book. It's a nice distraction from the real world... haha

1|0
    0|0
    • its true man XD that's why I love music so much. punk rock is awesome too XD

• Doesnโ€™t affect my emotions really, itโ€™s an addiction and I canโ€™t stop but mostly because I like the feeling of it

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the genre

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes