What century would be most fitting?

My question is if this is accurate for the century. .. History wasn't my best subject...

I want to write a novel about two kingdoms (both Brittish) where one is "evil" and is the typical "dark side" like there's a forest between the two kingdoms and on this side it's all dark and every plant is dead, so on, so on... and then there's a "good" side where there's lots of flowers, and kind people so on... These two kingdoms are supposed to not like each other but not fight and I was wondering what area that would be best for?

About the believability of everything else, it's supposed to be a bit of a fantasy world where magic exists, so...

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Can I make a suggestion? Reverse the stereotypes?, like have the dead and harsh land be filled with the kind and good people. And the good side has lots of flowers etc with evil people.

I'd read that, especially with dynamics of greed and lavish lifestyle creating evil while those who struggle together are kinder too each other in their shared hardships. If there is a battle, have the evil side attack first, otherwise the good side seems like they are just desperate for better land. Then have the good win anyway.

I know it's not what you asked for, but right now it seems really cliche.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably the 12th and 13th century, the High Middle Ages.