What century would be most fitting?

My question is if this is accurate for the century. .. History wasn't my best subject...

I want to write a novel about two kingdoms (both Brittish) where one is "evil" and is the typical "dark side" like there's a forest between the two kingdoms and on this side it's all dark and every plant is dead, so on, so on... and then there's a "good" side where there's lots of flowers, and kind people so on... These two kingdoms are supposed to not like each other but not fight and I was wondering what area that would be best for?

About the believability of everything else, it's supposed to be a bit of a fantasy world where magic exists, so...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Can I make a suggestion? Reverse the stereotypes?, like have the dead and harsh land be filled with the kind and good people. And the good side has lots of flowers etc with evil people.

I'd read that, especially with dynamics of greed and lavish lifestyle creating evil while those who struggle together are kinder too each other in their shared hardships. If there is a battle, have the evil side attack first, otherwise the good side seems like they are just desperate for better land. Then have the good win anyway.

I know it's not what you asked for, but right now it seems really cliche.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably the 12th and 13th century, the High Middle Ages.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Try 11th-12th century. That was around the time when 4 factions were fighting for control of England (the Anglos, the Saxons, and I forget the other two). The Vikings also made an appearance.

0|1
    0|0
  • You could go real old and make it Roman England vs the natives north of Hadrian's wall. From the native's perspective the Romans were evil and very destructive since they tore through nature to built everything.
    There's also the viking wars, the period when England was split into 4 kingdoms, the dark ages like in king aurthur when little kingdoms were everywhere.

You could fit your outline into many different time periods, so I think you should just look up the history of Britain and see which era you find most interesting

0|1
    0|0
  • 11th century England before the invasion of William the Conqueror.

0|1
    0|0
  • Time of Queen Victoria and conquest the British extending their Empire

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes