Have you had your fill of with "Star Wars"?

First! Which and when was your first Star Wars motion picture experience?

But most importantly, has SW run is course for you or become a foolish endeavour in your eyes? if so, did it occur with the 'prequels' or with the latest two instalments, aka TFA and TLJ?

If you've lost interest in it, what straw broke the camels back for you?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I was quite young when I was introduced to the franchise.
    The original trilogy will always be the best and the latest film just seem to lack that spark.
    I prefer the expanded universe ( legends) so I'll never lose interest.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I believe I watched it when I was 9 or 10. I used to be obsessed with it! I know they aren’t as great as the originals, but I enjoy watching them mainly because of the nostalgia it brings me. How about you?

0|0
    0|0
    • I believe my first contact with it was in the late 80s. I wasn't so discerning about things back then but it had robots and space lasers, therefore FUN! :) The prequels... were meh. visually fancy but they apart from that particulsr wow factor, they felt hollow, the good performances from the charm of Liam Neeson and... insidious... demeanor of Palpatine. From then to now was a quiet time and the times i rewatched anything SW, it was the OT.

• Nice! Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. A part of me wishes I grew up in the 80s... I bet it was amazing right?

• As for TFA, I watched it twice in the spur of the moment with a "big fan" friend, both times I left the cinema with an empty feeling. It had the look, but it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny, and I've only become more critical of it since as I delved into how much it has become an empty vehicle of money-making for Disnay. Though stricly not related to the movie content, that last fact has coloured my opinion on the franchise immensely since then. I did not watch TLJ and from the dissections of it I've picked up since then, I am very happy that I saved my time and money. The characters and their universe has been utterly butchered.

Recommended myTakes