If you could instantly learn an instrument/learn to sing and you could start a successful band, what kind of band would it be?

What would you play? Or would you be the singer or both?

What other members would their be and what instruments?

What genre of music would you do? What would be your influences?

What kind of live gigs would you have? Any pyrotechnics or other show elements?

If you could instantly learn an instrument/learn to sing and you could start a successful band, what kind of band would it be?

1|2

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a vocalist already but I would wish to be a better one lol. Maybe I'd learn guitar and bass.

I would want to be in a metal/hardcore punk band.

My influences are vast and make up a huge number of punk and metal subgenres. Mainly thrash metal, groove/nu metal, hardcore punk, beatdown and industrial.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• It would be either a band that teaches proper religious theology
    Or a band that spreads forgotten cultural currents that are lost in history
    Or a band that spreads aesthetic culture using chinese art forms
    Or a band that is designed to motivate people and make them happier

0|1
    1|0
  • I want to learn how to DJ so i can do EDM like Calvin Harris, Zedd, Hardwell, Afrojack, DJ Snake, Kygo, Martin Garrix, Disclosure, Axwell, The chainsmokers, Marshmello, Tiesto, Krewella, David Guetta, Odesza, Daft Punk, Benny Benassi, Ookay, Galantis, Dmitri Vega, etc.
    I’d want two others to join. One to be the vocal singer with a voice like Sia, Bebe Rexha, Kehlani, August Alsina, or Aloee Blacc, and the other to be the hypeman Who gets the crowd jumping

0|1
    1|0
  • Very nice question!
    I would play electric guitar and in my band would be my childhood friends one plays drums and other two basses :) We all would sing and our music style would be punk/rock.
    And what kind of live gigs? hmmm.. that I don't really know xD

0|1
    1|0
    • Thanks :) and a band with two basses 🀩 that's my kind of band..

• If I had the vocal talent I'd be like miss Angela from death metal band Arch Enemy. I'd growl all my lyrics and playing the guitar while doing so. I'd need a bassist, a rhythm guitar, and a drummer.

0|1
    1|0
    • The new singer is pretty good too, but not as good though.. I can be your bassist :D

• Show All
    • It's not that hard actually. Haven't done it in years, but I learned from internet instructions. Just learn to breath with your diaphragm and you're good to go :)

• Awesome :O

• I would love to learn how to play a guitar and a piano (I already know how to play a keyboard)
    And I'd prefer to go solo in the start.
    About the genre, I don't really have a preference but I'd like something similar to "troye sivan's" music. Like how he's all in for gay people, I'd like my music to be inspiring for someone

0|1
    1|0
    • Tho I do not sing well, so yeah that's all my imagination πŸ˜‚

• Electric guitar. I love the sound and would love to play one. As for being successful in a band, I would care.

1|2
    1|0
  • \m/METAL\m/
    lol XD I already play guitar, though if i'd learn to sing right i'd probably do it too. gotta have that bassist, drummer, and another guitarist. My influences? in the words of James Hetfield.. "Oh I don't know, there's all kinds of shit. I can't even start to think about it!" live shows would start off in smaller venues, then grow to bigger ones over time. but not hesitate to go to small ones too all the way because there's always more chaotic energy. pyrotechnics? gotta have some flames man XD

0|1
    1|0
  • I'd sing , play drums , and guitar. my band would be nu metal or just rock

0|1
    0|0
  • I would play guitar. The others piano, drum and singer. Probably a pop band.

0|1
    0|1
  • drums

0|1
    0|0
  • Harmonica

0|1
    1|0
  • A metalcore band

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 71

• I want to learn either a violin, trumpet, piano or a digital synthesizer! With the purpose of improving my overall health significantly!

Musical instruments stimulate both the left and right hemispheres of the brain!

As for the band I don't care too!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be a drummer singer. I've fiddled with both for years but I don't believe ill ever have the time, money or social circle to be in a band. If be alternative, something like Seasons by veer union. Backwoods clubs at first.. but hopefully some day id be as big as green day or 21 pilots. Yes, all the fancy stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • As someone who's already a musician and a teacher (I teach guitar, bass, piano and I am a vocal couch). Plus I'm in a band already my band's a hard rock band, right now we're at the garage band practicing stage. We hope to eventually tour in a year or two I'm backup vox and lead guitar.

0|1
    0|0
  • We would probably be playing some kind of poprock in classic 90s style, or an even earlier era. We would write all of our own material - because I hate that musicians don't do that - and most of it would be satirical. I would hopefully be singing a high tenor along with another member, and I would either want to play the guitar or the bass.

0|1
    0|0
  • ... only as a much younger person...
    I'd probably play bass, and might be a back-up singer.
    Drums, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, and a fifth that alternates between guitar and keyboards. Genre would be Progressive Rock. Influences would be Neal Morse Band, Dream theater, Kansas, Genesis, Flying Colors...
    Large video screens and special lighting

0|1
    0|0
  • I would do a duo with another dj and the genre would be edm meaning that the only instrument i will need is a music box (and some other edm instruments). I would start my own record label and make moneyyy!!! Then again I don't know anything about instruments irl soo... that's not happening πŸ˜•

0|1
    0|0
  • If I could start a band it would be me as lead singer a lead guitarist, my sister as lead singer and rhythm guitarist, my mom on lead vocals, a tambourine and her autoharp, our pastor on bass guitar and background vocals, his wife on piano and background vocals, our worship leaders on keyboards and lead vocals, and my best friend on drums and percussion!

0|1
    0|0
  • I would learn everything inside and out on the program Cubase producers edition, and learn the ins and outs of the entire Waves Mercury bundle (the 7000 dollar one, not the cheap one)

After that, I would perform anything electronic. Dubstep, techno, EDM, etc.

Clubs, venues small or big or just at some event. I would work alone. On stage effects would be laser light show kind of shit and as for influences, really any talented producers of the electronic genre and subgenres in between

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been in bands before recorded ep's before I play several instruments, and studied music at college, classical guitar, and 4 years vocal training. If I continue to write I would like to Play instrumental music for television, or be in an indie rock band.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd love to learn how to play a penny whistle. Seems like such a fun little thing and it's very portable.

We'd play traditional Irish folk music. Liam Clancy has always been one of my favorites.

Of course St Paddy's would be the pinnacle of the year.

0|1
    0|0
  • Was a drummer. Played the nightclub circuit for a number of years. Group consisted of Lead Vocalist/Rhythm Guitar, Harmony Vocals/Lead Guitar, Harmony Vocals/Bass Guitar, Lead Vocalist/Keyboards, and Harmony Vocals/Drums. We did mainly dance music (nightclub stuff) except the last set when we did some original stuff depending on the crowd. Played 4 nights a week at a different nightclub every week with 1 weekend off a month.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd choose the violin. And I'd make a contemporary music band. Kind've like the start of Fort Minor's song Remember the Name or something like a Pirates of the Caribbean theme song remix... that kinda style.

0|1
    0|0
  • As much as I love metal, I would want to master the piano and play the more complex classical peices. Perhaps I would be a soloist sometimes, and perform be with a sympathy orchestra other times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jazz, without a debt. Jazz is simply a beautful art form. Influences would be traditinal jazz artists. I'd perform at the jazz Festival in Lugano, Switzerland.

0|1
    0|0
  • Acapella pop and country rock. Either that or stage band, pop, country rock or modern pop, and rock. Which shouldn't be a problem, i am a bass singer and can play instruments so...

0|2
    0|0
  • Who says you need to be able to sing or play a musical instrument to have a successful pop band?

0|1
    0|0
  • I play rhythm guitar and sing for a Metallica cover band.

0|2
    0|0
  • I want to learn quite a lot of instruments but the one i wanted to learn when i was a child was saxophone.

I would/want to play metal versions of video game music.
    Maybe not all metal but some if not most of the songs.

No live gigs.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am a singer (not professionally) and I play drums, but I would like to play guitar or keyboards. And I started a band it would probably be Christian pop/country.

0|1
    0|0
  • A band much like BTS I've recently become a huge fan of theirs and their music good plus they are really inspiring and their band is built off of a lot of trust and love

0|1
    0|0
  • Does a synth like the OP-1 count? If yes, that. Otherwise I'm quite fond of the drums, even began learning them some years ago, sadly school got in the way

0|1
    0|0
  • Already in one, I sing and play guitar. I'm a very talented vocalist. I'm in an alternative band called Arctic bones. You can find us on Instagram @Arctic_bones

0|1
    0|0
  • Drums :D I have a good energy that i can share with a band and spreed it to the people.
    HAAAAAAARD... ROOOOOOOOOCK... HALLELUJAH!

0|1
    0|0
  • Rumor has it that listening to guitar solos will increase your dick size by 20%. I wonder how much more efficient playing it yourself will be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now that I think of it, I'd would start a band of electronic rock with influences of Drum&Bass and the gigs would be part live instrumental and part sinthesizers

0|1
    0|0
  • I know how to play a piano and I sing. But learning an electric guitar is something I always wanted to do, also it'd be an alternate rock band that I'd form. Sort of like rhcp.

0|1
    0|0
  • If play guitar and vocals in a hardcore band.

P. s.. I used to play guitar and vocals in a hardcore band πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • Instrument guitar.. Which I am currently learning... And band would be a but more progressive pink Floyd...

0|1
    0|0
  • I would love to play lead guitar I don't care too much about the singing part and I've always wanted to play the piano.

0|1
    0|0
  • Would love to lear guitar, bass and keyboards. And it'd be a metal band (not sure what specific subgenre though) if I could find a good drummer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes