Is DnD supposed to be a game that reflects the dungeon master's life opinions and belief?

So I played dnd with a bunch of friends for the first time last week and basically our goal was to get some money and win a race. Maybe the route we took to get the money was not that ethical, including lying to other people and stealing. Basically dungeon master failed us every time we took an 'unethical' path and we gotta find other ways around. After the game the dungeon master got a little upset and he basically told us if we want to keep playing dnd with him, we need to act in a legal/ethical manner in the game, do right things and not be an anti hero. I found it not fun bc it was just a game and I wanted to use my imagination regardless of if it's good or not. It's just my character and I m not doing anything bad in real life. So, should I insist my thoughts or should I just give in because that's how the game works (we need to agree with the dungeon master)? Thank you!

09

Most Helpful Guy

• D & D is for losers.

I played it once in 1981and thought "What? No real rules? You make it all up? A fucking dungeon master?"

My two buddies and I gave up after 30 minutes because it was so fucking stupid.

• I can't believe there was dnd back then ! but yeah I have the same feeling , it's so subjective and I feel uncomfortable to be 'punished' by doing something DM doesn't like

• I was 18, a senior in high school, when we attempted to play it. I haven't touched it since. I had a girlfriend. Why bother wasting my time on "quests" when I can make-out?

• exactly :)