Are UK actors better?

My friend and I were thinking of American actors we liked but couldn't think of anyone apart from Jake Gyllenhaal. Majority of our favorites were from the UK, do u think there's a difference?Are UK actors better??Are UK actors better??Are UK actors better??Are UK actors better??
  • Yes UK actors r better
    Vote A
  • No UK actors r not better
    Vote B
  • UK actors r the same
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think American actors are better. I don't think there's a debate over the comedic actors. Americans are just funnier. Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Owen Wilson. But also great actors like Denzel Washington, Dustin Hoffman, Julia Roberts, Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino. In fact, now that I think about it. I can't even think of the last mega blockbuster movie I've seen coming out of the UK. The only stuff coming out the UK are soaps like East Enders. Or series. Or made for TV films. I definitely prefer American actors.

0|1
    1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, UK actors can believably act American, whereas US actors suck at acting British (to be fair I've never seen an American actor try to act Northern Irish, I don't think most of them know the country exists :') )

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• depends on your preference in type of acting. it would make sense if you prefer UK actors if you usually don't watch American acting.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some good American actors, but as a general rule, I think British actors are better. Probably had to do with the theatre culture, and making it less about fame and glory than about the profession

1|2
    0|1
  • I’m from the U. K. so I will be a bit biased, but every country has a handful of good actors. U. K. has some notable ones like milly bobby brown, David Tennant etc

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some British greats. To say one is better than the other, well that wouldn't be fair. There are simply more American people, so there's more American actors. And having a British accent is considered by many to be a commodity. My favorite actor is American, but ability to act probably doesn't apply to nationality

0|0
    0|0
  • For Ricky Gervais it's different. I think he's an amazing actor. Like, one of the world's best actors. He seriously acts in most of his movies and shows exactly how he acts in real life and his performances always feel natural because of that. He's also really funny. As is Simon Pegg, but he's a little bit less real seeming. You can tell he tries. There aren't a lot of real or sincere seeming US actors.

I think the UK has better actors but I think the US has more good actors than the UK.

0|0
    0|0
  • You not havin any American actors you like is much different than UK actors bein better.. It just means you pay more attention to UK actors..

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't pay more attention to UK actors. I watch any and everything and I've only just realised the difference.

• Show All
    • The Kid who played Will in Stranger Things was just as good as the girl playin Eleven in that second season..

• Of course.. But these are all good/great actors.. Nicholas Cage more or less I think he just plays in bad to okay movies..

• Overall I prefer British actors and actresses, probably because most of my favorite actors are british: Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Gary Oldman, Charles Dance, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are raised as actors over there and the best acting schools are over there.

0|0
    0|0
  • they better football players, then american's for example, that is all I think

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes UK actors r better

1|0
    0|0
  • Grass is greener syndrome.

0|0
    0|0

• UK actors r the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Hollywood is pure garbage

1|0
    0|2
  • They are about the same

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Probably same, it’s the talent and aspiration to act that’s really eye catching rather than if the actor is from the U. K. or not. It also really comes down to opinions and such too. I honestly think it’s about the same, with a few people standing out whether it’s an American actor or one from U. K.

0|0
    0|0
  • TIL Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman are not from the US. But hey we got Tom Hanks so that’s gotta be worth at least 20 UK actors!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if British actors are exactly "better" than all of the other actors, but i definitely like them a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • How is Jake Gyllenhaal your standard for American acting?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they’re all about the same

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s same

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes