Metalheads, rockers, what are your thoughts on this?

so there's this movie I watched last summer called Aural Amphetamine, it was a documentary on thrash metal music. One thing that was said in the documentary surprised me. I can't remember exact words since it was quite awhile ago when I saw it, but it was said on there that the Queen song "Stone Cold Crazy" was considered to be a first thrashy song ever made because it was more speedy for its time. Uhh I thought that no one really knew what first thrash song exists. kinda confused me.

I know that the song was from around 1974. And punk in the U. K was getting big in the 70s, and that seems to really be the influence for the birth of thrash.

your thoughts? XD
I wish i'd stop forgetting hashtags..

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Thrash was created by punk rock. It was crossover thrash like DRI, Suicidal Tendencies, CroMags, The Exploited and Discharge that started it.

That then led to full on thrash metal like Municipal Waste, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Kreator and Exodus to form.