Good story based video games to play?

I like video games with a story Or games that when you make choices they affect the gameplay!

Thanks in advance
Updates:
Thanks everyone!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Papers Please is a great game, with a somewhat sad story with dark humor thrown in. There are something like 20 different endings, depending on which choices you make. This game will make you question your morality.

The Unfinished Swan has a simple, yet engaging story. It’s essentially playing through a storybook. It’s a relaxing game.

LA Noire has some great storytelling, and there are a plethora of choices to make throughout the game.

The Saboteur has an over-the-top story that I loved. I think The Saboteur is one of the most underrated games of all time.

Axiom Verge has a very interesting sci-fi story, but half of it isn’t given to you directly. You get the story piecemeal via hidden journals and such.

Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2 have such an interesting story. It’s a bit weird at times (as to be expected with most Japanese games 😂), but I really loved it. It’s such a unique experience.

I strongly recommend every game I mentioned.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is Strange, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Wolf Among Us, Before Dawn, The Walking Dead.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• The game I know with the best dialogue choices that actually matter to the gameplay and story would have to be Alpha Protocol. Nothing else I've ever played comes close.
    There's also Fallout New Vegas and Witcher 3.
    For a great story without the choices, go with Nier: Automata.

0|0
    0|0
  • Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2
    Icewind Dale
    Planescape: Torment
    Dragon Age series
    SwordCoast Legends
    Knights of the Old Republic
    The Witcher series
    Mass Effect series
    Skyrim

0|3
    0|0
    • I would limit that to the first Dragon Age game, the first two Mass Effect games, the second and third Witcher games and scratch Skyrim off the list, replacing it with the Fallout games that Bethesda didn't develop.

• kingdom hearts, probably one of the best,
    blazblue,
    the last of us is probably in the top 5 of most people's minds...

0|0
    0|0
  • Story
    -Nier: Automata
    -Kingdom Hearts
    -The original Silent Hill trilogy
    -Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    -Parasite Eve
    -Mad Father

Choices
    -Silent Hill 2 (also in story)
    -Clock Tower (SNES)
    -Mad Father (also in story)

0|1
    0|0
  • For pure one-off story, I enjoy any fire emblem game. For expanded universe, multiple stories and lore, Warcraft wins every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Wolf Among Us has a pretty damn good story in my opinion. It also has choices that affect the story a bit. Until Dawn is a good one too if you like horror games

0|0
    0|0
  • Mass effect (duh), Dragons Dogma, dragon age, skyrim, fire emblem,

0|0
    0|0
    • Mass Effect really didn't. In the end, your choices in the entire series didn't matter.

• Show All
    • You spent 3 games jumping across the galaxy dooming or saving species, coming back to life, squashing generation long beef, squaring off against civilization ending machines and uniting a galaxy of trillions of lives to fight against them and you can't enjoy it because you die in the end. Spoiler: everyone dies. Journey not destination.

• disagree. the ending ruined it for me and I am aware that everyone dies at the end. you don't need to make a repeat argument over and over again. It was a fun game up to that point when it made me realize that despite every damn choice, the whole universe was wiped out.

• Story based games hahaha hell try playing rainbow six siege and you'll know the true value of choices.

0|1
    0|0
  • I really liked horizon zero dawn, witcher 3 and the uncharted series also last of us

0|0
    0|0
  • Banner Saga - didn't finish, sadly, but the story was interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • The last of us. I may or may not have cried within the first 15 minutes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any of the fallout games. The earlier elder scrolls games

0|0
    0|0
  • Guessing you've played the telltale ones like walking dead?

0|0
    0|0
  • The Witcher 3

0|1
    0|0
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

0|1
    0|0
  • Borderlands 2

0|0
    0|1
  • Fallout4