Why are there so many Atheists in entertainment?

I'm a film guy, and a fairly spiritual guy, but I know a LOT of people in my industry are Atheists. Why, in an industry that makes the impossible happen, are there so few people who believe in a higher power?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe BECAUSE they realize how easy it is to manipulate how things *look*

• That's an interesting point, because that was actually what more solidified the idea of a God to me.

• In that situation there's no choice but to be casual or go mad.

I find our COMPLETELY opposite reactions to the same input fascinating. If you get a chance could you explain your thought process in greater depth?

Basically, I see the ease with which our beliefs and interpretation of reality is so easily shaped and manipulated as proof that recorded instances of miracles and signs, etc., are meaningless.

Therefore there's no reason to believe in a "personal" god, although there's no reason not to accept a sort of "prime mover" type god. Of course there's no need to assume one either, and generally speaking, explanations should be as simple as possible and not introduce more actors that are unnecessary to explain the result seen.

• Then of course there is the argument:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?