Why are there so many Atheists in entertainment?

I'm a film guy, and a fairly spiritual guy, but I know a LOT of people in my industry are Atheists. Why, in an industry that makes the impossible happen, are there so few people who believe in a higher power?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe BECAUSE they realize how easy it is to manipulate how things *look*

0|3
    0|0
    • That's an interesting point, because that was actually what more solidified the idea of a God to me.

• Show All
    • In that situation there's no choice but to be casual or go mad.

I find our COMPLETELY opposite reactions to the same input fascinating. If you get a chance could you explain your thought process in greater depth?

Basically, I see the ease with which our beliefs and interpretation of reality is so easily shaped and manipulated as proof that recorded instances of miracles and signs, etc., are meaningless.

Therefore there's no reason to believe in a "personal" god, although there's no reason not to accept a sort of "prime mover" type god. Of course there's no need to assume one either, and generally speaking, explanations should be as simple as possible and not introduce more actors that are unnecessary to explain the result seen.

• Then of course there is the argument:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe it has something to do with the world nearly worshiping them. They're public figures and impressionable people tend to treat celebrities like Gods. I'd bet it's a sort of ego thing, like they've transcended humanity in a way.
    It's hard to stay humble and grounded when you're on top of the world. Part of faith and spirituality is an acceptance that we're finite and limited in our abilities. It requires acceptance that most things are completely beyond our control.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• "Makes the impossible happen" It's not impossible because then we wouldn't be able to do it...

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess when you work in fiction you have a pretty good eye to spot it elsewhere

0|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes