How much layers/what should I wear when camping outside and the temperature is just bellow freezing,?

Im gonna be camping this weekend with friends and I need to know what to wear/how much blankets jackets to bring. Its supposed to be freezing, or just bellow freezing, and I really don't wanna freeze to death. Have any of you been camping, or live in a cold climate? Whats your experience?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Bring more clothes than you think you need. Bring at least couple layers of long johns/thermal underwear, wool socks, warm shoes, couple layers of gloves, warm hat.. Overall you should have at least 3 layers especially if you're staying still. If you have extra you can always put on more (so always have extra) + you'll have blankets and hopefully a warm sleeping bag with you so you should be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• why would u go camping in below freezing weather!!!
    thats insane lol

• we have been planning this for a while and its a good opportunity since its 4 day weekend