Are y’all going out to see Black Panther?

I’m already bumping to the album, and I’m stoked for this movie to come out

• Yep!
  • Nope
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Well long story short... I LOVED IT😁

4888

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a superhero film starring mostly black actors that's written and directed by a black person and is getting really good reviews from pre-screenings. I'm going to see it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dress code and all! Giving my coin to the right movie. No bootlegging my brothers and sisters! I'm just happy theirs finally a movie like this. Idc if people are mad about the lack of diversity. That was my childhood and now. People of color deserve a platform for generations to look up to.

• You goin all out with the dress code too?😂 yesss honey!

• Yess honey! I hope y’all enjoys y’all selves too☺️

• 15h

Thankyou for the MHG ✊🏿

What Guys Said 87

• Eventually I might but not until it becomes available online (Netflix etc). I think Hollywood is mass producing superhero movies. Instead of quality over quantity, they are focusing on quantity over quality.

• The reviews are great though. This one supposedly is a quality superhero movie. :) anywho, I'm just excited to see it tomorrow :D

• Yeah I will see it; I end up seeing most superhero movies in theaters. xD

Granted, I actually only get personally hyped up for some of the characters (not all of them) and most MCU movies these days are too fluffy and jokey for me --- I miss the Phase 1 style with the first Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America solo movies that weren't afraid to be fully serious and sad when the story called for it --- but I still see most MCU movies because there's not many chances to spend time with family, and this gives us a chance to get together. :)

I just hope that Black Panther is more like Phase 1 and less like the recent Marvel Studios stuff, but I'm not sure yet. =/

• Nah, not interested, the only superhero movie i've really watched is deadpool because of the humor, thats all

• Depends, I would really like to see it (I think the setting is interesting and it could be really good), but I'm also afraid of it being SJW-y and having it be politicized. I will see it but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it.

• Hell yeah! I played on the soundtrack so of course I'm gonna go see it. The music was so freaking awesome and the parts with some of the heavy timpani and brass hits... Man! Good stuff.

• Can't wait! I literally see every superheroes marvel dc movie... already saw Thor and the justice league will see black panther and infinity war. And wonder woman 2.

• Meh, kind burned out on shitty superhero movies that pander to a demographic that doesn't even read the comics.

• so, like almost every mcu movie? how shocking!!!

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau All these movies suffer from bad cinematography (same cheap tricks in every movie), bad writing, bad plot development, and a badguy who you know by the end of the movie will be dispatched or never was a real threat to begin with. Yup.

• the cinematography is fine, to me. actually, i think it's pretty good. the problem, like you said, is shitty storytelling and writing. mcu movies are pretty much made around 2 things; the 1st is to set up the next mcu movie. the other is that the movies are made around the fighting and how can we get the hulk to fight iron man or some shit instead of trying to tell a story and actually having dialog. i mean, there's no reason why logan (by far my favorite super hero movie) should be the exception to how superhero movies are made. i will give antman a pass (i didn't see it) cause edgar wright was supposed to direct the movie and he's the shit

• Might. Looks cool but I don’t go to theaters often.

• I'm going as soon as I can xD I don't know when that is but I am definitely doing it.

• Id love to but I live in Spain and don't speak Spanish enough to understand a film. Im definitely excited to watch it when its available online

• I'll only go out for Deadpool. Everything else can wait for the digital download.

• Nope. I just watched Thor Raganrok last week and was not a huge fan of out they took a super epic serious story... and made it a comedy. Granted, it was a fantastic comedy, but I wanted epic action, not comedy. No way do I plan to go see a movie about black panther--especially with all the "look! blacks are the most amazing people ever if de terrrable wacists had not wecked it" subplot. People seem to have forgotten that this Wakanda is just as pretend as Asgard... which Marvel couldn't even respect.

Black Panther is of course getting all the best reviews because anyone who dares say it is not 100% divine and perfect is racist, which is such garbage.

Granted, it will definitely rake in the money. Can you think of any marvel comic flick in the last decade that did not do great at the box office? Even Ed Norton's Incredible Hulk doubled their budget, and that was a kind of lousy character before marvel really even gained steam. And now Marvel is raking in the dough even on weirdo side characters like Ant Man.

• Thor and Hulk together have always been a comedy tbh...

It was a lighthearted movie. I agree... But still decent.

• @Ayte_Lex Oh it was an 10/10 comedy, no one can deny that. However, given Ragnarok is the end of the world, I wanted a little less comedy and a little more Batman V Superman style. Or Max Payne. Did you play that game? I loved how it referenced Norse gods and Ragarok in game.

And seriously, Asgard is the norse heaven basically... yet Disney felt the need to make it a diverse multicultural place, barf. I wonder if Wakanda will be as racially diverse as Asgard? Or does Disney believe a homogeneous society is only bad if it's a white society?

• Haha, good points. And yesss 🙏🏼🙏🏼 it was good

• I'll definitely see it, but not today or tomorrow. Northern midwest U. S. is experiencing a terrific snowstorm right now, and I am just chilling at home. I might venture out later, but I haven't even shoveled yet, so nothing is written in stone.

• Snow storm? Um yea it’s best to stay indoors on that one. Stay warm!

• Hell yeah trailer looks sick, stoked that it doesn't seem affected by marvel or disney as far as content. Yea CGI looks great on the water scenes

• The reviews have been excellent, and I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. It's basically the James Bond genre, but in the Marvel Universe. It should be as big a smash and a surprise, as the Guardians of the Galaxy was, when it took on the comedy genre.

• Yes I was fucking waiting for that movie

• Y'all
    Brah lol
    Na'am mean

😂

• Lmao no way

• Nope

• I have better things to do

• I saw a commercial for it and it looks cool, I wanna see it. I don't like movie theaters so I'll wait for it to come out on digital.

• Of course.

• I always check out superhero movies.

• Why? They're the same thing every time. Person has mediocre to shit life, is granted powers, not by earning them, but because "they're the chosen one", fights bad guys, questions if they should continue being super hero, fights final boss. Maybe have the final boss be a more fleshed out character to pretend there's some moral greyness in there. The only superhero narrative that breaks this is Spider-Man, and even that's gotten old.

• I've never seen someone so heated about a movie 😂

• Probably not, I'm too lazy lol

• Too many super hero movies. Also tired of having social justice rammed down my throat. Maybe I can think for myself?

• Social justice as in black people in a movie? I don't understand. Black panther has been around for quite a while and has always been black characters due to the country its set in. That's not really social justice, its just respect to the source material.

• @LoveBirb Lol hopefully they will sprawl...

• The poster actually looks super cool.

• It comes out on my birthday and I’m pumped to see it

• Yeah when it comes out, i might get it on Netflix or see it at the movies.

• 100 times f yeah

• Nah, I don't know anything about the character and I'm not interested enough to find oit. I'm just waiting to pirate infinity war.

• Naaah

• More from Guys
    57

What Girls Said 47

• I want to.

• Friends want to see it so they are probably taking me with them, I've watched the other superhero movies and my friends talk a lot about them with me, they are fans, so I know a little of it too and I can understand these movies better, so happy to watch it together ✌

• Yes, eventually. It has brilliant reviews but I rarely see something the moment it's released - I can't bear the overcrowding in the cinema.

• Yes! I’m excited. I’ll be taking my little brother and his buddies out to watch it when it’s out here in Australia. It should be really good, but i don’t want to get my hopes up

• I have no choice but to see it. My husband Michael B Jordan is in it. Gotta support my man lol jk

• YES! Looks so good.

• oui oui

• Nah. I’ll prob wait for it to come on Starz channel or on DVD at the library

• Understandable lol. Have you heard the album?

• Michael been fine ever since Fantasti Four, Chronicle, giiiirl i liked him since he was a kid in Hardball. Yassss little Jamal

• 😂😂😂😂

• Nope

will wait till it comes out on blu-ray

• Yes. I saw the all the stars video and if that's the amount of effort they're putting into a music video I know the movie will be even better if that's even possible.

• Nope

• Definitely!!! I'm not missing this!!!

• I don't really like superhero movies, and I don't think I've seen one in theaters since 2002.

• nah im not into marvel movies to begin with.
    didn't even know this one came out

• Fuck yeah.

• YES :) I'm so excited.

• Nope

• Yes! It looks great! And I love the cast!

• Hell yeahhhh!!!

• Watched the trailer and nope, looked like super overhyped shit to me. But well, I don't like Marvel anyways and maybe Im just extra turned off because of the amount of SJW's hyping it like fuck

• Definitely! Can’t wait

• YES!

• NOPE

• no I'm not

• I'm so hype for it honestly I can't wait!! Reading the other responses is kinda dampening my mood though.

• YES, GOING TO SUPPORT MY PEOPLE lol

• I can't wait i really really want to go watch

• Yes, I never go to bio but I will definitely watch it at home when it comes out.

• Hell yeah!! Can’t wait to see it

• Omg I loved it soo much!! when I got home started bumping the album as well!

• Same!! I really enjoyed it, plus the man candy in that movie was too much 😭

• I so much want to!

• More from Girls
    17