What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?

For me, I think it's The Exorcist.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my list has updated a bit lately (but not in the top 20 though...), but here's my list
    Top 10 Movies That Actually Frightened Me ↗

1|0
    0|0
    • I thought Paranormal Activity was a joke. Stopped watching it after half an hour. Nothing was happening except for babies crying and dogs barking.

• Show All
    • Good horror film yeah. If you're looking for the scariest possession movie I'd suggest The Taking of Deborah Logan, creepy as hell!

• Oh ok! 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't seen any true scary movies... The Conjuring movies are really well done and had a few really good moments.

Megan is Missing is a stomach turning movie, not for anything gory but for the realness - it looks like a true videotape, not a movie - which is what makde me sick for a bit after watching it - the whole thing, if you skip through it it doesn't have that effect.

1|0
    0|0
    • *The Exorcism of Emily Rose was an excellent movie - based on real events. I recommend it wholeheartedly - it has some bone-chilling moments and it's scarier than the Exorcist.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• Sinister, it may have been because during the scenes all the pans fell in our cabinet and freaked all us out! I can see exorcist being one the scariest though!

1|0
    0|0
    • I thought the movie was very creepy but not scary.

• True, it just became scary for us when our home made a ton of noise from the cabinets!

• Hills have eyes.

Other are/were just plain boring.

1|0
    0|0
    • I love the 2006 remake. One of the best horror thrillers 😍😍😍 Do you like the old one?

• I was talking about the remake too haha

Old one was ok, but it lacked the modern quality.

• Haven't seen the old one but the trailer looked funny and weird lol. So yeah I agree with you the new one is the best.

• Girls who want a man like Mister Grey in 50 Shades... scared me.
    More seriously, a lot are creepy so i don't watch this kind of movie, or it is so ridiculous that makes me laughing. Tales from the crypt scared me when i was a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Silent hill. That Pyramid Guy creeped the shit out of me!

0|1
    0|0
    • I thought Silent Hill was very weird not scary 😅 Honestly felt like I wasted my time watching it lol.

• Mississippi Burning, A Time to Kill, The Spook Who Sat by the Door. I'm sure there's more I can list even tho you said the scariest.

0|0
    0|0
  • The older movies where actually kinda scary like The Grudge or other Japanese movies such as Slit Mouthed Woman.

Usually the tension and suspension and creep factor is what's scary. Come to think of it, can't think of the last movie I saw that was any good. Maybe the movie Bye Bye Man

Modern horror movies suck. They always show these sequences in this order:
    Plot drop
    Sex Scene
    Loud Noise
    Useless gory scene for a "wow"
    Jumpscare
    "Suspension" that wasn't built up
    Loud Noise and jumpscare
    Characters either lose their shit or false safe haven point
    Unnecessary plot additive that makes no sense but explains everything
    Jumpscare
    Ghost Dead
    The end
    Maybe another sex scene if the man is still alive. Usually it's the woman all by herself

The real scary part about modern horror movies is that people spend money to watch this crap and in turn say it's good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Insidious 1-4
    Alien
    The Conjouring 1-2 (soon 3)
    Paranormal activity 3
    The Winchester
    Event Horizon
    The Mist
    The Grudge
    VHS 2
    Lights Out
    Annabelle Creation

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a film called Iris. It's not a horror film but it's frightening and traumatic portrayal of a woman losing her mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen a creepy pasta clip showing a really creepy episode of "Spongebob Squarepants" and the background info was damn scary

0|0
    0|0
  • The scariest horror movie I've ever watch is Evil Dead of 2013.. Didn't go to pee at night for 2 days.. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really watch scary movies that often because I just dont like to fuck with the paranormal or werewolf movies that much. I have seen some paranormal movies and I'm not sure which one was the scariest. It might of been the movie Howl. But only really when those fuck-off people got off the fucking train in the beginning and the big fucking werewolf was doing shit to the side of the train and was hiding behind the trees watching them.
    Maybe the movie creep. That guy was insane.

If you have good suggestions let me know. Something that will give me nightmares.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's conjuring all the parts , incidious all the chapters , Anabelle all the parts {lol 😂😂}

0|0
    0|0
  • Pet cemetery and children of the corn are shit scary

0|0
    0|0
  • For me is Thai movie English name haunted jail is based on some real story

0|0
    0|0
  • Silence of the lambs

0|0
    0|0
  • Fifty shades film's scary stuff that is

1|0
    0|0
  • rec.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Conjuring 1

1|0
    0|0
  • The exorcist

1|0
    0|0
  • Finding Nemo

1|0
    0|0
  • As Above So Below is a really intense movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exorxist

1|0
    0|0
  • Any movies like or related to Excorcist

1|0
    0|0
  • Frozen. It felt so wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Toy story

0|0
    0|0
  • Coma. On the basis that it could really happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuckiiiiin the last few episodes of Evangelion...

0|0
    0|0
  • What women want. Shit gave me nightmares for weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched sinister 2

0|0
    0|0
  • same, The Exorcist from the 90's

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I think the exorcist is scxary and the other day I watched happy death day but was disappointed but was happy as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I spit on your grave is a very hard movie to watch

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha lol that's the name of a movie? 🤣

• Yeah it is about a woman who goes off to the country side to write a book and she gets raped by a group off men in a very graphic way they show you everything and she gets revenge by killing them in even more creative and graphic ways hence why it is hard to watch. by the way am a gore whore and the rape scene was the hard thing to watch it got blasted I'm the media for it but who wouldn't do he same thing she did and kill the fuckers lmao

• Every horror movie is too scary for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Gattaca

0|0
    0|0
  • They never made me scared

1|0
    0|0
  • My always favourite hannibal lecter

1|0
    0|0
  • It...