Guys, do you think the sport of boxing should be outlawed as its purpose is to hurt the opponent?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is, both boxers consent to the damage that comes their way. The same goes for any other form of martial art contest. The goal is to defeat your opponent. You don't necessarily have to beat someone senseless for that. People can't forfeit when they want to. If you choose to hold your ground, you're asking to get knocked down time and time again. It's a tale as old as time. No matter how we see it, humans enjoy a bit of violence no matter what some may say. Besides, boxing has existed since before the Romans. The sport will never be banned. No one has pockets deep enough to bring that change about.

• Just because consent happens doesn't make it okay.

A brother and sister both in their 20s can consent to non-contraceptive sex too.

• Good reply @imaginesketchy In addition to that you have to understand that a lot of people have boxing as their only source of livelihood. Plenty of people in Thailand and Africa were completely stricken by poverty. They have no education and no way to bring themselves out of poverty except MMA or boxing etc. Boxing and MMA even if they are not very good will catapault them out of poverty and allow their kids and family to have a better life. Heck the popular ones have sent millions of dollars back to their villages in Africa etc. and brought thousands of people out of horrible living conditions.

Like it or not, there is a whole world of good that can come from boxing and as you said no one has to (or is even really allowed to) beat someone utterly senseless because there are the strictest of rules that govern the sport.

Honestly though I think that this guy is just an idiot, he ignores all points and only tries to change the subject or hang onto 1 point. Don't waste your time.

• @Huvellap_DUG What a crybaby LOL! You got 2 accounts. Bitch I gave you tons of different reasons and the only one you picked to reply on was consent. Like it or not, it's here to stay. Who's the wuss? Me who blocked you because I was sick of your shit and you didn't want to have a proper talk anyway just change the subject so you can keep trying to badly argue a stupid point whilst ignoring all of mine and hanging onto only one of your own. Or you, who can't even stand a little bit of consensual violence. Cry me a fucking river. You didn't even look at those links I posted because you don't really care you just want to argue because you're a moaning crybaby. Why would I want to talk to your further.

Go bitch and moan about some more stuff, no one on here as you can see gives a rat's ass :D