Guys, do you think the sport of boxing should be outlawed as its purpose is to hurt the opponent?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is, both boxers consent to the damage that comes their way. The same goes for any other form of martial art contest. The goal is to defeat your opponent. You don't necessarily have to beat someone senseless for that. People can't forfeit when they want to. If you choose to hold your ground, you're asking to get knocked down time and time again. It's a tale as old as time. No matter how we see it, humans enjoy a bit of violence no matter what some may say. Besides, boxing has existed since before the Romans. The sport will never be banned. No one has pockets deep enough to bring that change about.

0|1
    0|0
    • Just because consent happens doesn't make it okay.

A brother and sister both in their 20s can consent to non-contraceptive sex too.

• Show All
    • Good reply @imaginesketchy In addition to that you have to understand that a lot of people have boxing as their only source of livelihood. Plenty of people in Thailand and Africa were completely stricken by poverty. They have no education and no way to bring themselves out of poverty except MMA or boxing etc. Boxing and MMA even if they are not very good will catapault them out of poverty and allow their kids and family to have a better life. Heck the popular ones have sent millions of dollars back to their villages in Africa etc. and brought thousands of people out of horrible living conditions.

Like it or not, there is a whole world of good that can come from boxing and as you said no one has to (or is even really allowed to) beat someone utterly senseless because there are the strictest of rules that govern the sport.

Honestly though I think that this guy is just an idiot, he ignores all points and only tries to change the subject or hang onto 1 point. Don't waste your time.

• @Huvellap_DUG What a crybaby LOL! You got 2 accounts. Bitch I gave you tons of different reasons and the only one you picked to reply on was consent. Like it or not, it's here to stay. Who's the wuss? Me who blocked you because I was sick of your shit and you didn't want to have a proper talk anyway just change the subject so you can keep trying to badly argue a stupid point whilst ignoring all of mine and hanging onto only one of your own. Or you, who can't even stand a little bit of consensual violence. Cry me a fucking river. You didn't even look at those links I posted because you don't really care you just want to argue because you're a moaning crybaby. Why would I want to talk to your further.

Go bitch and moan about some more stuff, no one on here as you can see gives a rat's ass :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Nope! If people want to smack each other and get payed for it they should be free to do it. They know the risks, they're adults.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, people understand the risks that come with boxing. If they want to handle that, that's their deal. Besides, in nearly every contact sport people are going to get hurt. Can't tell you how many people I know whose legs got broken from casual soccer

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes, but the main goal in soccer is to score, not break people's faces and legs.

• Well I guess in your case we would also have to get rid of the UFC or anything of the like as well. And how far are you willing to take that? One of the main aspects of rugby and the like is to tackle a man until he stops moving. Your getting as close to hurting them as possible

• No I don't. I just replied to your other question/take on banning non-organic meat, in which I agreed with you on the healthiness of organic food however disagreed with banning it. Here I have the same view - you can't just ban everything you personally disagree with.

In fact I've competed in boxing myself as well as other martial arts. Anybody who goes into these sports understands the risks involved, and it's up to them whether they want to risk that or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true but incest can be consensual too. I'm just hoping you don't have the reason being because 2 people agree that it makes it okay and that it is for other reasons.

• Show All
    • Boxing is still regulated and a referee won't allow a match to continue if he/she feels it is dangerous to continue.

You can not hit below the waist.

• Exactly. And also some men, myself included probably, have a lot of aggression and violent tendencies. Boxing gives those men an outlet and teaches them to control it - if you lose control in the ring you'll make a lot of mistakes (e. g. swinging wild sloppy punches and forgetting to keep your hands up to protect yourself) and a more controlled guy not blinded by rage will take advantage of that and knock you out. In fact it's as much a mind game as it is a physical game, many boxers play chess for example to improve their ability to plan ahead and think strategically. If not given this outlet many of these men would probably end up in jail, probably fighting on the street which is much more dangerous than fighting in a ring where you're expected to follow rules and respect the opponent and the referee.

• Both are consenting, you ask a boxer if they think that and theyd say no, if they would say yes, then they are within their rights to just stop. Some people love that and if they're going to put their time and life into it; let them enjoy the life they choose to live 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • True but a brother and sister can consent to sex. Would you let them enjoy the life they choose to live?

• A solid retort but with that analogy, the fear is that they could create damaged and deformed offspring which is a cruel action in and of itself when its something thats optionally avoidable. With boxing, there's referees to maintain a "subjectively" safe environment in which both athletes can push themselves to their limits and have it end if it goes too far. Rarely it can be too late for them to prevent damages but statistically more are terminally injured from skydiving (and as much as i would love too 😫) you wouldn't outlaw it, you just attempt to make it as safe as possible

• So is tube tying and contraception.

• Nope. I think it's pretty much the same for American Football, Hockey, and a lot of sports as well.

0|0
    0|1
    • But their goal is not to intentionally hurt the opponent.

• I would have to disagree with you in that one. A lot of the players would without a second thought, hurt another opposing team's player if it would give them an advantage.

• Not clean players, a dirty player who cheats would hurt another intentionally.

• No. They even have a medical person on staff to make sure they aren't too hurt. They might as well ban all other contact sports with that side of logic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fucking hell what's this the PC patrol? It's a sport where two people throw punches at one another, you wear gloves and you are also very safe. If it wasn't safe then only mental people would do it

0|0
    0|0
  • No fucking way. It's a totally consensual sport and it will never be banned because it's one of the highest revenue sports in the world. Let people box if they want to.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just don't agree with sports where the sole goal is to intentionally hurt your opponent.

It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. It's no different than men/women hitting men/women.

• Show All
    • A brother and sister can consent to sex too. Just having consent is not all that's needed.

A 5'1" 107 lbs man vs a 6'3" 228 lb man ain't fair either.

• There is no sanctioned boxing fight where A 5'1" 107 lbs man vs a 6'3" 228 lb man can fight each other. I said that already and I won't continue this talk any longer if you're just going to start up with bullshit and ignore the points I made.

• Why would it? If it sells and make profit$$$$$$$$$$ it's never going anywhere. Do you not get it bro? Money makes the world goes round. Good luck at trying to change that.

There's more than just boxing when it comes to full contact fighting competitions, because now we have MMA caged fights, there's kickboxing, etc. And besides people consent and sign papers before they fight each other.

I think what we have today with boxing, MMA, etc., it's NOTHING when compared to back in ancient times where fights to death are permitted such as gladiators in Ancient Rome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not!
    I was reading through your conversations with others and the only thing I'm 100% sure is that you've never been doing any type of sport yourself. The main goal in any sport is to concur your opponent and if you've been to at least one boxing (or any other martial art training) you would know that to win your opponent and to hurt him is not the same thing. An enormous amount of people tend to think that the main reason of winning is to have a bigger muscle or a higher stamina. Read the bios of great champs. Almost all of them have a minimum of one university degree and have been a smartass at school with good grades. To win your opponent you first have to win him in your head with the strategy you pick up and the way you prepare yourself to the fight. It's 100% legal and will stay legal for ages. People are going there by their own will to see who is smarter and stronger and if they want to do it they will.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because the opponent VOLUNTEERS to participate.

0|0
    0|0
    • A brother and sister can consent to having sex too.

I don't support incest nor violence whether consented to or not.

• Oh! Why didn't you just say you were a panty-twisting, pearl-clutching sissy in the first place?

• 2 boys ages 10 can volunteer to spit in each others face. It doesn't mean it should be allowed.

You just are mad because the volunteer part got shattered. It's not due to volunteering. I gave something that people can volunteer to do.

I'm not sick and twisted and root and cheer for 2 people to beat each other up and see them get bloody mouths and concussions.

• No boxing has many regulations and precautions so that the fighters are safe

0|0
    0|0
  • Two savages beating each other until one has a brain concussion...

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, they should have some protection on the boxers body.

0|0
    0|0
  • You clearly dont know sports

0|0
    0|0
    • I know it's a violent sport where your intentions are to hurt your opponent. There's no other way of winning than to hurt your opponent's face and body. The only rule is no hitting below waist.

I'm not insane and root and cheer for people beating each other up in a barbaric event like boxing. Who cares if they get paid for it.

• Hell No

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes