Should I try playing Pokémon Go?

I realized that I finally have a phone good enough to play Pokémon go and I live right on the water so I could probably find some cool Pokémon? Maybe? 😂

So is it worth playing just for the experience if nothing else? Or should I find another game or whatever?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Play something else
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be fun for a little while. If you’re a Pokémon enthusiast, it could be right up your ally. As for me (despite my pfp) I’m not much for Pokémon. The anime isn’t half bad, regardless of the undying ten year old

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• It can be fun I used to have it

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it a little while, see if you like it, it's a good game to keep active with, but if it's not quite your style, try geocaching, you get outdoors, and visit cool places that you probably never noticed before

2|0
    0|0
    • I’ve heard that’s p fun!

• Between pokemon and geocaching, I enjoy geocaching a lot more. With pokemon you do get out and travel, but I find most people just go to the same areas over and over, with the other one, you keep going to new areas

• I can see the appeal

• You also need to maintain a constant internet connection while you play it which could cost u a lot. It's a very grindy game too. And it'll drain your battery super quick. Give it a go see what the fuss is about, but not worth it in my opinion.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well from what I hear they definitely made a lot of changes since launch and I'm pretty sure the constant server problems is no longer an issue.

I'd say give it a try and see if you like it. I know people that's still playing it regularly.

Personally the many problems at the beginning and repetitive game play put me off.

I'm currently playing dissidia and ffbe on the phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it, it's hope may have died down a lot, but if you want to don't let anyone stop you from doing what you would enjoy

1|0
    0|0
    • You’re very motivating!

• Thank you :), but yeah if it's something you've wanted to do and you now have the ability to do it then live life to the fullest.
      (Also I meant *hype not *hope in my original comment)

• No worries!

• Stay In the big cities to catch a shit ton. It's unfair how people in heavily populated areas get more than a state thats less populated.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeaaaaah we’re the biggest city with ~25,000 people for hours so I’m not holding my breath

• I play it a lot when I have time, in my suburban neighborhood there's a decent size group of people who play most of them middle aged. Some if my friends play too, and my mom and sister play so it's nice to spend time with them

1|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty good - it'll be best if you have friends that are playing it with you. Then you can go out Pokémon hunting with them.

I think it's a lot less popular these days as the hype has gone down quite a lot since the initial release. It should still be a fun game though.

I heard that the developers of Pokémon Go are releasing a similar Harry Potter themed game. So if you're a Harry Potter fan, that could be worth looking forward to.

1|0
    0|0
  • it is fun for a short while. give it a try. if I was a programmer, I would get the licence too and show them how it should be done!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, play it and experience it. I have played two seconds of it and decided it was worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • you can try but I hate that real time walking tbh😂😂
    the game would've been soo much better if it wouldn't require to move your ass😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest to try... I'm not into it but I've seen friends and family members enjoy it :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I've not tried it myself but you may aswell give it a go, you can always uninstall it if you don't like it

1|0
    0|0
  • You should play an actual Pokemon game. Pokemon Go is trash.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol! My brother played over my Pokémon sapphire and ever since I’ve been too upset to play again XD

• There's still plenty of other Pokemon games.

• If, you travel a lot, and, you have got an internet connection, it's fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try it out.
    The game itself isn't bad, but i was bored after a while

1|0
    0|0
  • A friend of mine played it for a bit and it's not my thing. Try it out and see if it is worth it for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go out n play sports with friends, go to the pub, go walking n take in all around you... get out of the damn invisible prison ur in

0|0
    2|0
    • He says, also using the internet and in an invisible prison

• Show All
    • If that were really true, you wouldn’t be here right now. Such a liar!!!

• I know its hard to believe isn't it.. ffs. Go on... bye

• People still play it?

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Sure. I did once I finally had a good phone. Summoners War is another good game.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean hey, why not? It's a way to get out the house and have fun and feel the adventure and thrill of the game and have that sense of seeking and exploring the world around you in a different way!

Personally, I don't play the game anymore because I got bored with it, but since you're new to it, it should still be a really fun and entirely fresh experience for you!

Give it a shot! Why not? :)

1|0
    0|0
  • No
    I never played that game
    and I think it's not worth it
    I'm already addicted to games like candy crush and dh classic, and I figured over the years that they waste time. There are more educational, fulfilling apps and better things to do than play a game like pokemon go.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s worth trying for a bit. You’ll get bored after a while though.

1|0
    0|0
  • don't do it man, it drains your phone battery so freaking fast.

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t know it was still a thing. But if you want to go right ahead.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't know if it’s still A Thing but it’s definitely a thing XD

• Show All
    • Yess I did. Had no clue what I was doing
      Asides from catching ‘em all 🤗

• Live life free! XD

• You’re out in the sticks, right? It’s unlikely that you will actually encounter much that isn’t a ratata or a pidgey. Even near the water. The game is optimized for the city.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanted to try it too
    I say go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Give a try.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes