What was the last book you've read?

What was the last book you've read??

1335

Most Helpful Guy

• Ready Player One

• What was it about?

• Ready Player One is a dystopian novel, and as such, takes places in the futuristic setting of the year 2044, with the entire world held in the clutches of many global, economic, and social problems. Global warming, overpopulation. and mass unemployment are just some of the larger issues at hand. Many people, including the teenaged protagonist Wade Watts, use a virtual reality video game called OASIS as an escape from these hardships. The realistic simulations and developed technology allows players to immerse themselves entirely within the game. It is a type of MMORPG, or Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The game was created by James Haliday, who had announced on his deathbed that he had left something called an Easter egg inside OASIS. To find the egg, a player must find three keys and unlock three gates. The first person to find the Easter egg would inherit Halliday’s massive fortune and the entire corporation of OASIS.

• There's also a movie coming out this summer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Currently reading A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
    Read Bliss Was It in Bohemia by Michael Viewegh before that.