What was the last book you've read?

What was the last book you've read??

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Ready Player One

2|1
    0|0
    • What was it about?

• Ready Player One is a dystopian novel, and as such, takes places in the futuristic setting of the year 2044, with the entire world held in the clutches of many global, economic, and social problems. Global warming, overpopulation. and mass unemployment are just some of the larger issues at hand. Many people, including the teenaged protagonist Wade Watts, use a virtual reality video game called OASIS as an escape from these hardships. The realistic simulations and developed technology allows players to immerse themselves entirely within the game. It is a type of MMORPG, or Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The game was created by James Haliday, who had announced on his deathbed that he had left something called an Easter egg inside OASIS. To find the egg, a player must find three keys and unlock three gates. The first person to find the Easter egg would inherit Halliday’s massive fortune and the entire corporation of OASIS.

• There's also a movie coming out this summer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Currently reading A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
    Read Bliss Was It in Bohemia by Michael Viewegh before that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• The Power by Naomi Alderman.

In 'The Power,' Women Develop A Weapon That Changes Everything
    www.npr.org/.../in-the-power-women-develop-a-weapon-that-changes-everything

Electrifying 'Power' Flips The Gender Script To Unsettling Effect
    www.npr.org/.../electrifying-power-flips-the-gender-script-to-unsettling-effect

A Novelist Asks, What if Women’s Bodies Became Deadly Weapons?
    www.nytimes.com/.../naomi-alderman-power.html

What If Women Were in Charge?
    www.vogue.com/article/the-power-naomi-alderman

‘The Power’ is our era’s ‘Handmaid’s Tale’
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../...88544af98_story.html

What If Women Had The Power?
    A stunning new speculative-fiction book by Naomi Alderman couldn’t be more timely.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/543135/

A Feminist Dystopia For The #MeToo Moment
    Author Naomi Alderman conceived of a world in which women wield all the power. What she really shows is how impossible that would be.
    m.huffpost.com/.../us_5a20763de4b03350e0b55dfe

1|0
    0|0
  • “Free Will” by Sam Harris. That is the last book I have completed, but I’m currently on “The Moral Landscape” by the same author, Sam Harris. I have not been able to get to it because of my class readings getting in the way, so I’ll have to get through the semester to finish that book.

1|0
    0|0
  • The last book I read is this:
    www.goodreads.com/.../1187815.Peoplewatching

And not finished book by my friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks. He's a terrific writer. One of the best collections of short stories I have read.

2|0
    0|0
  • I probably should remember the last physical book I read, but I don't so I'm going to list (some of) the light novels I'm currently reading, which I am all up to date with (at least the English translations of when they are in other languages):
    "I was reincarnated as a magic academy"
    "Kumo desu ga, nani ka"
    "I was a sword when I reincarnated"
    "Monster who levels up"
    "Devil evolution catalogue"
    "The death mage who doesn't want a 4th time"
    "The charm of soul pets"
    I have about 50-60 or so others on the backburner on tabs on my phone, and probably another 40-50 unfinished (still being translated) in bookmarks.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Book of Noah.. Well I watched it to be exact https://youtu.be/h6omFJhKr6o

1|0
    0|0
  • The Great Philosophers: An Introduction to Western Philosophy.

By Bryan Magee.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't recall. I've switched to audio books to give my eyes a break and free up my hands for chores. I get a lot more done now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm currently working on a novel under the title "Fallen".

1|0
    0|0
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well i finished these two at the same time so..
    The Count of Monte Cristo.
    Letters to a young poet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pretty Girls By Karin Slaughter
    Summary- More than twenty years ago, Claire and Lydia’s teenaged sister Julia vanished without a trace. The two women have not spoken since, and now their lives could not be more different. Claire is the glamorous trophy wife of an Atlanta millionaire. Lydia, a single mother, dates an ex-con and struggles to make ends meet. But neither has recovered from the horror and heartbreak of their shared loss—a devastating wound that's cruelly ripped open when Claire's husband is killed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't read. I'm illiterate.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1984 by Orwell.

2|0
    0|0
  • Feynman Lectures on physics - Quantum mechanics.

1|1
    0|0
    • This is definitely on my reading list. No one better to learn from than the greatest physics teacher of all time.

• You can't be wrong with Feynman, one of my favorite quotes from him "If i can't explain in a way that a child would understand, then i don't understand."

• Yep, that's the theme behind the Feynman Method.

• Origin by Dan Brown

2|0
    0|0
  • Wizard of Oz

2|0
    0|0
  • That would probably be "testimony" by Neal Morse

1|0
    0|0
  • harry potters all of them

2|0
    0|1
  • Labyrinth by Kate mosse was good

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• It's been awhile. I think the last one was City of Heavenly Fire.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was reading Dan Brown's Inferno but didn't finish it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Creepshow graphic novel by Stephen King

1|0
    0|0
  • A book about a girl that went on a vacation with her parents to Italy, in a old house from the parents friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently reading The Dazzling Heights by Katherine McGee

1|0
    0|0
  • 《房思琪的初恋乐园》🌸

1|0
    0|0
    • First love paradise ~ what was it about?

• This is an amazing and special novel. The author of the novel is highly sensitive and a close eyewitness, so that the whole thing is preserved like a surviving specimen. The whole book repeatedly, with extremely close to the victim's perspective, straight at a kind of people take away your precious pain and pleasure is the plunder of people🍀

• call me by your name

1|0
    0|0
  • Charlotte's Web

2|0
    0|0
  • Kamila Shamshi's Home Fire.

1|0
    0|0
  • Genealogical fictions... by Maria Elena Martinez

1|0
    0|0