What "geek" means to you?

We all have a different meaning, I want to know yours.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, a geek is someone who is very interested in a particular topic and spends an inordinate amount of time, energy and money on that topic. It could be politics, music, art, reading, science or whatever.

A nerd, on the other hand, is someone who has an excessive amount of knowledge and/or skill in a particular area.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe a bit romanticized, but:

To me a geek is someone who's playful and passionate. A geek is someone who loses himself in the story of a book, or gets absorbed in a game. Someone who creates worlds and epics playing D&D or dwells in middle age. Someone who dreams about the future and everything that's possible and impossible.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I use the term Nerd but I use it for anyone who is obsessed with how things work and the numbers or stats behind them

A sports nerd is obsessed with stats and numbers to follow their favorite team

A comic nerd can tell you every instance of Spider-Man changing costumes in the comics

A politics nerd follows polls and history to such a degree they use it to predict things that might happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, according to George Takei

Geek: understands, fixes and creates really cool stuff.

Nerd: understands and collects really cool stuff.

Dork: confused by really cool stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who likes comic books, video games and drawing/writing.

0|0
    0|0
  • one who is addicted to the computer or Internet,
    one who is skilled with computers;
    nerd,
    unpopular or unusual person

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to say "I'm geekin out!" Meaning I'm laughing

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Nerd.

0|0
    0|0
  • Person interested in non-mainstream stuff.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes