Rate this Comedian: Norm Macdonald?

one of my personal favorites. known as a comic’s comic, Norm is a performer revered by his colleagues, even if his fame peaked in the mid-1990s, when he was the host of “Weekend Update” on “Saturday Night Live.” Since then, he has starred in a sitcom, led a Comedy Central show and toured the country telling jokes. But he never found a vehicle to catapult him to stardom. MacDonald disarms people because he’s so cunningly blurred the line between the man and his character. Just look at his recent “memoir,” a brilliant and frustrating narrative that spins off the seeds of what sound like real stories into bizarre, dreamlike digressions. This fuzzy duality extends to multiple sides of MacDonald’s process, which is intentional. As the essay points out, it’s MacDonald’s “folksy, dopey innocence” in performance that works to mask the sophistication of his joke-writing, which he often undercuts with shockingly obvious punchlines or bursts of crass profanity.

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Norm Macdonald?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Results of previous polls:

Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I went with 4 , norm was always kind and of a low key, different comedian. I always thought he was funny as hell.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He was pretty good in SNL, but not the biggest fan of his stand up. He's okay though... 3/5 I guess

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I like him. I happen to enjoy the vulgar comics which is why Ron White is my favorite.

0|1
    0|0
  • Excelent work always :D and the best deliver

0|1
    0|0
  • He’s okay.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like him he is at least a 3 1/2 - 4.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• He's pretty funny. I recently found out he had a show called Norm Macdonald live. I've been watching it some on YouTube.
    https://youtu.be/Oseqh7SMIvo

0|1
    0|0
  • really great. glad he returned to stand up. he revolutionized the weekend update on SNL from simple jokes to great commentary

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorta funny, he has an interesting voice and the way he talks, his jokes aren’t bad , been in some funny movies way back and obviously Saturday night live

0|1
    0|0
  • I was never a fan of his stand-up, and only appreciated some of his contributions to SNL. I did, however, enjoy his movie "Dirty Work."

0|1
    0|0
  • Norm MacDonald is BRILLIANT! Definitely one of the greatest comedians of my time. Although I could add a couple more to your list...

0|1
    0|0
    • George Carlin would lead my list of all the comedians you previously polled, followed by Norm.

• Sarcastic comedy appealing to an educated audience, low key, but very funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • never heard of him

0|1
    0|0
  • 4. Really funny

0|1
    0|0
  • Who's Norm Macdonald?

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/5 very funny