What song do you listen to when you're depressed/sad?

Personally I listen to IvanB, he's an American rapper and very underrated in my opinion

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually just sit still in complete silence because songs can be a trigger to make the depression worse due to the lyrics. Some people watch movies but to me movies are a major trigger point. So my solution that i've found to be the easiest and quickest way to overcome blue days is complete silence. or read a book.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'll go crazy if I sit still in complete isolation , usually I play video games or cry myself to sleep. Songs lyrics makes me feel that im not suffering alone

• Show All
    • I'm not sure what is upsetting you but I hope you feel better soon. I'll cheer for you!

• Thanks for the comment and your wishes, I'm used to it all, I'm used to finding someone, then go losing it all, Tell them that I'm fine but I'm not really fine

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually just write my own music when Iā€™m feeling depressed/sad. There is no more relatable music to someone than music he/she wrote his/her self.

Also, whenever Iā€™m sad, I can put the emotional energy into writing lyrics or guitar riffs. The emotion with a bit of creativity makes a stronger song. I mean, chances are Iā€™m sad about something, and I can use this topic as something to write about. Then after, I can look at my song that I made and be proud of it. The pride in the song gives me happiness and therefore eases the sadness felt before.

This is how I get through some of the worst points in my life. I found it to be a very helpful emotional stress release valve from never boiling over the edge, and it also is a healthy way of dealing with crap. Furthermore, I can look back on the song later and listen to it, which gives a sort of happiness boost by itself.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're awesome, keep it up

• Show All
    • So far, like almost any kind of music haha. Since I don't have a band though I'm left playing my songs on my guitar so it could be any genre then really haha
      What kind of music do you write?

• @Rissa95 My music either turns into like Goo Goo Dolls or goes totally opposite into a progressive metal sound lol. It really depends what Iā€™m feeling at the moment

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

What Guys Said 7

• I listen to March Of Time, by Helloween. Both for the lyrics (Helloween are German, so their English may be not-so-perfect) and for the music, it's probabilly my favourite song ever. I also have beautiful memories of listening to this album with my friends.
    youtube. com/watch? v=3sQ5iaynO8k

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah
    Korn
    Five Finger Death Punch
    10 Years

These bands have great emotion inducing songs. Hush by Hellyeah makes me cry almost every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Numb by linkin park (also a cover of said song by Janet Devlin)

0|1
    0|0
    • Kind of sucks that Janet Devlin didn't go on to have more mainstream success, her covers are awesome. Still get goosebumps watching her xfactor audition

• She is doing amazing though and she just gets better and better, she's so nice in person as well and always get goosebumps listening to her sing

• Sad shit like this app that is so fake. guys who come on as girl's and think they are fool me!šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Rick roll

0|0
    0|0
  • Brighter side by saga

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes