Is it wise to go to a concert in another country by yourself?

I live in Canada and there is a concert I really want to go to in the states in late April. There are only a few vip tickets left for meet and greets and I have the money to pay for them right now online. Although I don’t have a job, and I would still need to pay for the flight there and back which would be around 4 to 5 hundred dollars for a round trip. I have family who lives in a city 4 hour drive away from where the concert is so I could stay with them for like a week and make a trip out of it. But it would all be very confusing with travel because I would need to either get from the airport to the venue by myself and then by the time the concert is over it will be late and I don’t think my family will be ok with driving 4 hours to pick me up at midnight when they’re very busy. Or bus to their city and I’m nervous to be bussing from one city to another at midnight by myself in a different country. I’m 20 years old and I’ve never really travelled alone before. And my mom gets mad about everything I do especially to go on trips. When I don’t have a job. But I want this more than anything. It’s my favourite singer and when she went on tour last year I waiting for 10 hours to see her at the venue on my bday and never saw her and I was so sad. I just want to go. Should I buy the tickets? It’s $15 for insurance so if I change my mind I can get my money back.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it wise to call two prostitutes at your home in Colombia?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been to a different city for a concert by myself and it was great, definitely worth it! If you have enough money saved, then I’d say go for it.

The night of the concert just stay at a hostel, it’s cheap and easy and then the next morning, you can go with your family

• I don’t know... my parents have warned me never to stay in a hostel... it can be dangerous. If I had the money I would stay in a hotel overnight but I don’t know the city and I’m nervous about getting around by myself especially at night

• Hostels are perfectly fine. If you’re nervous just choose one that doesn’t have a club and get an all girls room. If you really don’t want to then you can either find a way to get enough money to stay in a hotel or miss the concert.

If you’re nervous about getting around at night just get a taxi or an Uber.