Why is Get Out nominated for an Oscar?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie... but it was nothing special. Just being honest here.

Why is Get Out nominated for an Oscar?
P. S. It was also, a rip off of The Skeleton Key...
  • Because it's something new for the Oscars to do - nominate an average movie that would've been nominated before in a million years.
  • Because they're trying to nominate more movies with people of color in them... so they don't seem racist.
  • Because the movie is brilliant and deserves the honor!
    Vote C

531

Most Helpful Guy

• B is closest. It's a decent movie, but not much better than others in that genre. The movie industry has become so politically correct lately -- hence the one that won last year. It's really getting ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all politics. Often the Oscars reward people for a crap movie to make up for missing them on a movie that should 100% have won an Oscar.