Is it racist to photograph black people for people overseas?

Most of my family live in Southeast Asia, can't speak English, and never been to the U. S. I visit them every summer and want to photograph my high school, as well as schoolmates (black and white people) for them to see. We don't get many tourists in our city, and never any black tourists. Rarely whites. And some schools over there don't even have air conditioning, so I want to show them how different schools in America are, as well as no uniforms.
And I WILL ask for consent. I haven't taken any photos of people specifically. Just my school and the building.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Please ask for their consent and explain to them your situation. You can be as honest or as vague as you wish, just get their consent to take the picture. To think they don't have feelings on the matter or a say in the matter would point towards racism.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why did you feel the need to specify black people if you're photographing white people as well? The titles drifts from the rest of the content you just gave us and in all honesty doesn't make sense.

• Because if people at my school just see me taking photos of them, they might think I'm trying to be racist. And how does the title drift away?