What was the last book you read?

I just finished a book called Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. I'll admit, I didn't think I would like it at first but I couldn't put it down! Even though it's geared more towards teens and young adults, I think it's something anyone could enjoy. It was full of action which is different from the type of books I normally read. I really recommend it for anyone who enjoys adventure type books. The next book I'm planning to read is called Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.

What was the last book you read and did you like it? Would you recommend it to others?
What was the last book you read?

2|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Decision Point by Dan Brown. This book is a suspense/thriller by the author of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Great reading - a real page turner.

Also recommend "What Happened" which is Hillary Clinton's account of what she feels went wrong in the 2016 election.

Since three is a charm let me add one more: "Hillbilly Eligy" by J. D. Vance whose personal biography gives vision to the mindset of many embattled white men who feel threatened by the emerging power of women and other minorities.

Happy reading Honey Bee!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The last book I read was “to kill a mockingbird” by Harper lee, and a “midsummer nights dream” by Shakespeare (yup this is in English class hahah). TKAM was a really good book, you should totally read it if you haven’t, or reread it agian if you did!!

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh yes, I really like To Kill a Mockingbird! I read it for English class as well when I was in high school. The movie is pretty good too. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• Haven'tn really read books in a little while.. maybe I'll pick one up for a change. I think the last one I finished was The Art Of War. Very interesting book and some of the advice can really be applied to many areas in life. Recommend reading it, but it's better to do it in smaller portions and think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The magicians guild by Trudi Canavan
    I loved this book so much and I just couldn't put it down. I'm so excited to read the second book. I can only recommend it to fantasy fans. People that read the a court of thorns and roses trilogy could like it as a medium read, as the book is just 500 pages.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice! I like a wide variety of genres when it comes to books, maybe I'll check it out. :)

• Quantum Night by Robert Sawyer. It's a sci-fi where, in attempting to make a machine that reads our inner voices (thoughts, if you will), a scientist discovers that most of humanity (about 3/4) has no inner voice. No thoughts. Most of humanity are just highly elaborate bots that pass the Turing test spectacularly. Haunting.

I am about to start reading The Day After the Day After: My Atomic Angst by Steven Church. It's an autobiography about Church's childhood, growing up in Lawrence Kansas. Like most children, he was scared of many things, but his fear achieved monstrous proportions with the airing of this movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG2aJyIFrA

That was a clip from the TV movie The Day After. It tried to take a serious and realistic look at what nuclear war would look like. It's set in Lawrence, Kansas, the author's home town. My interest was piqued because I was a teenager when this movie was shown. It was a cultural phenomenon. Most of America watched it when it aired. Everyone talked about it the next day. Like the author, the images struck me very deeply.

Such was life growing up during the Cold War. (In my best grumpy old man voice) I tell ya, you kids today...

1|0
    0|0
  • "Tegen verkiezingen". It's a book in which some journalists argues against the way the representative parliament is set up. He says it's effectively an elected oligarchy rather than a democracy.

A more normal book that I've read is 'As in Tas'. It's basically a book about some bloke cycling to the Mediterranean to commemorate the loss of his dad.

Both are Dutch though. I'd recommend them for people who can read it

1|0
    0|0
    • As in Tas is a pretty great book that one can easily read in one sitting. The writing style is amazing and it involves some great jests, yet also has a very serious component to it.

• Sounds interesting! Even though I wouldn't be able to read it. Lol

• Yes, it's quite an interesting book. Both are

• Science Education in the Early Roman Empire- Richard Carrier

The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined- Steven Pinker

1|0
    0|0
  • Hey a thread that isn't about someone's insecurities 😰, don't see that often. I recently started reading "The First Navy Seals".

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, this question has been asked far too much and, it should be reported as a duplicate question.
    Or, you can be biased for your particular questions.
    My answer would be Wizard of Oz tho.

1|0
    0|0
    • Duplicate has nothing to do with commonly asked questions, it has to do with the same user repeatedly asking the same question themselves. :) https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#93

• Show All
    • If we removed everything that had already been asked by someone else before, there wouldn't be many questions left. You're free to ignore questions that annoy you though. :)

• Well, 95% questions are the same so, they annoy me.
      I try to ask different and original Questions everytime but, they are being hidden or removed.
      Don't know but, a moderator seems to be hiding my questions.

• Last good book I read was The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. It was mesmerising and definitely would recommend. You can understand how and why Andrew Lloyd Webber would choose to write the play he did and how this story survived to this point and will go on further than ever could of been expected.

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay here is the issue. I've used both accounts the problem is still there. The comment bar doesn't go away after typing an opinion and it stays there

0|0
    0|0
  • I read 7 Deadly Sins of Wall Street by Bob Ivory. I recommend this book to everyone. I support capitalism just not crony capitalism, so this book provided me a good outlook on the American economy especially with passage of recent tax reform bill.

1|0
    0|0
  • I finished Dead Iron less than an hour ago, its a steam punk fantasy western.
    I'm now reading The ghosts of Belfast

1|0
    0|0
    • I just finished, The Ghosts of Belfast, now I'm reading Darkness, Take my hand

• One fish two fish red fish blue fish. Its by dr. Seuss 😅

2|0
    0|0
  • Just finished Perfect Shadow by Brent Weeks. It's a prequel novella to The Night Angel trilogy which I read a good many years ago. Was amazed how easily I slipped back into that world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Courage by osho , i read lastly it will hit your old ideas, and make you to understand and feel the new way

1|0
    0|0
  • "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo

2|0
    0|0
  • I read book regularly. Self improvement books are my favourite.

0|0
    0|0
  • How to win friends and influence people

1|0
    0|0
    • Cool! So it was like a self-help book? Do you feel like it actually helped you?

• Show All
    • Ah, interesting. Sounds like something everyone could benefit from. :)

• I would agree, the guy who wrote it had a class and warren Buffett still has the certificate in his office.

• The Quran

6|0
    2|0
  • I have no idea anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• The Boy in the Earth. Quick read, but I liked it.

1|0
    0|0
  • honestly wasn't a story book. just a guide on writing, recording and performing music lol

1|0
    0|0
  • house rules by jodi picoult and now a self help book called unfuck yourself lol

2|0
    0|0
    • I've read House Rules! What did you think of it?

• Show All
    • Yes, for sure! I thought it was really interesting and even though it's fiction, I agree that it gave pretty good insight into the lives of people and families affected by Asperger's.

• yeah i thought so too. she always writes about the shit no one likes or feels comfortable talking about, so she's a favorite of mine for sure. although it's a bit late i'd recommend it yeah lol

• I honestly very rarely read books so I can’t quite remember but I think it was the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime as I reread it as when I was at school I did it and really liked it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I just finished Pride and Prejudice... Again. Now I'm reading the Daily Show book. Its fantastic.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm reading "Living to Tell the Tale" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
    The last one was "Colorless Tsukuru Tadzaki" by Haruki Murakami.

2|0
    0|0
  • The last book I read was Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

1|0
    0|0
  • The last book is read was "It's Funny How Things Change " by Betty Mire I it on my Friday and the last story I read on watt pad was possessive bodyguard I read it last night

1|0
    0|0
  • Quantitative Data Analysis. Not sure i would read that kind of book if not because of my thesis haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love reading the alchemist by Paulo again and again

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't read in awhile so I'm not quite sure

1|0
    0|0
    • Well is there anything you want to read then? It was my New Years resolution to read more, and so far I'm sticking to it. haha!

• There are a few books on photography I'm hoping to get to some time soon.
      And that's great! I used to read like crazy but I haven't found the time to read lately. Too much going on in my life lol

• Yeah, that's kind of why I stopped reading for so long too. Now that I've picked it back up though, I find the time and it's a great way to relax. :)

• The Scarlet Letter

2|0
    0|0
  • The Fellowship of the Ring.

1|0
    0|0
  • The bible

2|0
    0|0
  • Eleanor and Park

0|1
    0|0