Rate this Stand-up comedian out of 5: Jim Carrey?

He is known for his energetic slapstick performances and impressions in his standup act. Carrey first gained recognition in America in 1990 after landing a recurring role in the sketch comedy television series In Living Color. He's been a mainstream actor ever since.

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
  • 4/5 very funny
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Jim Carrey?
    Vote F
Results of previous polls:

Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5

1516

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always enjoyed his silliness. He's similar to Will Ferrell and Leslie Nelson... maybe even a little Chris Farley... so stupid and goofy it's funny.

He was funny in his Ace Ventura and dumb a dumber movies.

I think he's moving toward religion now... if I'm not mistaken. I haven't paid much attention but if he is I say that's a good thing.

• i think he's more similar to Robin Williams personally

• Such a tragedy he's gone :( one of the greatest actors ever!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I never appreciated his stand-up. His skits on In Living Colour were hit & miss for me, and I didn't much like his early movies early on. I loved The Mask, and his later work is more interesting to me, maybe especially his more dramatic roles. The Truman Show was the turning point for me, and since then even some of his early movies have grown on me. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Jim and Andy. He's definitely a special human being.