Rate this Stand-up comedian out of 5: Jim Carrey?

He is known for his energetic slapstick performances and impressions in his standup act. Carrey first gained recognition in America in 1990 after landing a recurring role in the sketch comedy television series In Living Color. He's been a mainstream actor ever since.

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Jim Carrey?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Results of previous polls:

Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always enjoyed his silliness. He's similar to Will Ferrell and Leslie Nelson... maybe even a little Chris Farley... so stupid and goofy it's funny.

He was funny in his Ace Ventura and dumb a dumber movies.

I think he's moving toward religion now... if I'm not mistaken. I haven't paid much attention but if he is I say that's a good thing.

0|1
    0|0
    • i think he's more similar to Robin Williams personally

• Such a tragedy he's gone :( one of the greatest actors ever!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I never appreciated his stand-up. His skits on In Living Colour were hit & miss for me, and I didn't much like his early movies early on. I loved The Mask, and his later work is more interesting to me, maybe especially his more dramatic roles. The Truman Show was the turning point for me, and since then even some of his early movies have grown on me. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Jim and Andy. He's definitely a special human being.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I guess 4/5

0|2
    0|0
  • He used to be funny, now I find him depressing. I honestly don’t know how to rate this.

0|1
    0|0
    • yeah he's going a little too far off the deep end these days

• You rate him by how he was at stand-up comedy. He hasn't done stand-up in many years (but I know what you mean).

• @dandee55 yeah I know. It’s just hard for me to separate who he is now from what he was back then. And his comic style isn’t really timeless. I mean his stuff now is less funny to me. As opposed to some of the edgier guys like Carlin. But I don't know.

• Oh my god, my boyfriend acts a little like Jim Carrey, sometimes I want to strangle him. But sometimes he's funny.
    Jim Carey in In Living Color oh my god, hilarious. XD so many memorable characters and moments

0|1
    0|0
  • I really like jim Carrey. I enjoy his comedy and his acting. Although the cable guy was kinda weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very funny to me, I like some of his movies but stand up wise I don’t find him funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very funny. I prefer him to stick with acting and not stand up

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't even have to watch it. it said Jim Carey pow a 10. he's funny as hell

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted worst cause he abused his girlfriend.

1|1
    0|0
  • 5. he's amazing and I've always loved him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not my fave. Only give him a two

0|1
    0|0
  • Jim Carrey 5/5 he’s pretty funny

0|1
    0|0
  • You should do Louis ck. He’s hilarious👌🏿.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very funny

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Atrocious at stand up. Lovely on In Living Color and most movies he was in from late 80's to 2000's. Great on Carson, Leno, Conan, etc. He's become irrelevant in the past few years. I respect his reclusive behavior.

0|1
    0|0
  • He has a great stage presence & lack of shame that lets him be wacky in ways that endear him to the audience. I think he's a solid 4.

0|1
    0|0
  • He is a comic genius. He is nineties, I grew up in the nineties and it was a great time to come of age.

0|1
    0|0
  • I liked him his an actor, but never cared for his stand-up comedy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love him in movies but I don't like his stand ups. I'll still give him a 5/5

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck I love Jim Carrey. He is a genius. He is also incredibly silly, but what a genius. Top marks.

0|1
    0|1
  • I've enjoyed his movies which were somewhat funny but as a person he's an idiot

0|1
    0|0
  • He's funnier in film in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sssssmokinggggg

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 very funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 funny