Looking to bawl my eyes out in sadness but ultimately happiness. Can I get some anime recommendations please?

Looking to bawl my eyes out in sadness but ultimately happiness. Can I get some anime recommendations please?

I'm looking for stuff similar to Kimi No Na Wa or Kokoro Connect. Minimal nudity, preferably none. Freaky demon stuff is a no go. Unexplained magic, like the time travelling in Kimi No Na Wa is preferable. Ultimately the focus should be on the characters and not the universe; if I want interesting lore I'll read Lord of the Rings.

Thanks in advance!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Silent voice? But its not really unexplained magic

0|3
    0|0
    • This! I personally prefer A Silent Voice over Your Name, that's just me though

• Show All
    • Manga is way more detailed than the anime, hardcore. But still the anime is beautifully made.

• YEAH PRobably

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Toradora is a FANTASTIC anime in my opinion. So is Your Name. There’s this one anime that I forgot is called which is- nevermind I think it’s called A Silent Voice? Somewhere near there. A girl is deaf and gets bullied but then grows up and the kid that bullied her starts liking her.

0|2
    0|0
    • I've seen Toradora, it was great! Someone else suggested Silent Voice already, so I see it must be good if it's widely acclaimed! Thanks for the recommendations

• No problem!

• You asked for recommendations and instead I'm getting them 😂 The to watch list grows!

0|1
    0|0
  • violet evergarden! i

0|1
    0|0
  • Wolf children

0|3
    0|0
    • Oh gosh, how did I forget that amazing experience?

What Guys Said 5

• •Gintama is mostly comedy but it can get serious and tear jerking at the right moments and the characters are all memorable. This is due to it non linear storyline.

•Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has lots of sad moments in there that are renown.

•Death Note

•Tokyo Ghoul

0|1
    0|0
  • March Comes In Like a Lion, Your Lie in April, Nagi no Asukara... Those are off the top of my head! No freaky demon stuff in any of them!

0|1
    0|0
  • Vampire Academy is good, from what I've seen, haven't finished it tho. You should also check out DURARARA!!! It foucases on the characters quite a bit, and can make you cry at some points.

0|1
    0|0
  • Clannad Season 2, first season is more slice of life but should still watch it
    Kowarekake no Orgel - A short OVA

0|0
    0|0
  • assassination classroom

0|1
    0|0
    • That stuff's hilarious

• Show All
    • It also says first of sadness then of happiness. Sad endings, for my casual watching purposes, are for the side stories and subplots, or for middle arcs, not the finale. I might finish assassination classroom though, because I guess I might as well.

• Ha. Well if you want to skip the sad part it’s like the last 3 eps. Good luck

Recommended myTakes