Why do people make fun of others who watch Anime?

I've always seen that people call others who are into anime as weirdos and other names. Sure a lot of them are actually weird and are socially inept, but all of them? That's generalizing. And I hate it. I have to ask a question. I was at school at the other day, and it was lunch. My friends were talking about stuff they like and whatnot. This kid in our school walked by us. I'm cool with this kid but my friends aren't. They always pick in him. I even told me advice to stray away from the area they might be in. But I guess you can't do that in a cafeteria. So my friends get up from the lunch table and started hounding him calling him a loser. I got up and stood between Luke and my friends. I asked them what makes him a loser? They told me that he is a loser because he watches Anime? That is the reason they call him a loser? I told them that you shouldn't call others losers over something you never tried. Anime is for kids was their response. Again watch the more mature themed ones. Cartoon got that. Family guy. You don't see people calling it childish because it for kids. One of my friends said If anyone says that about Family Guy they obviously didn't watch it. I face palmed. The Irony. They are making fun of anime but they never watched it but assume if someone who calls Family Guy kiddish they never watched it? I told them Anime is actually pretty good if you give it a chance. They asked me how I knew that. Duh I watch Anime too moron. They literally gasped. Even Luke. Turned around to Luke and told him you shouldn't be afraid about what you like. Just ignore the idiots. So my friends are no longer my friends. I got a new group of friends that accept people for what they like.
If you read until this. Do that you like. Don't care about what others say about you and think. Your happiness comes first.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the more logical points when explaining anime vs regular tv is the budgeting of special effects, you look at effect intensive shows like The Flash, and the story development is so clearly limited by the fact that they can only afford long cg cuts in one or two episodes a season. Whereas in anime it costs the same to animate someone talking as it is to animate them flying a giant dragon robot. As far as being for kids, look at something like Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood: The series is filled with heavy ethical and philosophical concepts and commentary, ranging from humans using science to play God, to the guilt of individual soldiers ordered to commit genocidal violence. People usually only see the weird light fluffy anime and seem be oblivious to the fact that there is a lot of gritty thought provoking anime as well.