What is your opinion on the Joan Crawford controversy?

So Joan Crawford was a famous actress during the 50’s. She had two biological children as well as two adoptive children. The adoptive children both claim she was super abusive while her biological children are firm that she was a good mom that was never abusive. Some celebrities that knew Joan defended her others agreed with the adoptive children. Her supposed abuse was the basis for the movie Mommie Dearest. From every thing I’ve read I think being a bit over the top with discipline was normal for back then but if people that knew Joan said she seemed abusive she probably was even if it might have been a bit exaggerated in the movie.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't looked into this case any so I can't say for sure what's true or pass judgement yet but it's not unheard of for people to be more abusive to adoptive or step children than their biological children

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know her or her family personally so can't comment