What are your thoughts on the movie Black Panther?

Have you seen the latest movie breaking records in box offices globally right now? Black Panther, what are your thoughts?What are your thoughts on the movie Black Panther?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The trailer looked way to over the top, over saturated, large amount of expressive colours. Wasn't impressed with the set design.

I'm not planning on watching it. If it's on and easy for me to watch at some point I might, but I don't plan on making the effort or paying for it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You haven't seen the actual movie. You're judging based off the previews.

• Show All
    • Thank you for understanding my point, I just thought that maybe you would like people's thoughts who weren't going to say the enjoyed it. Most people who want to see it will of enjoyed it. Most people who wouldn't enjoy it don't want to see it.
      Either way, enjoy the rest of your day!

• Not everyone who saw it was satisfied with it and that's why I asked the question. I wanted to know what they did not enjoy about the film (in its entirety)

Most Helpful Girl

• The movie had a fan rating of 5 star, the highest it can go, so I went expecting maybe too much.
    I give it a 3 star rating.
    5 star rated movies are very rare and would be action packed through out.
    This one was maybe 20% action and 50% boring for what you would expect from a scifi action movie.
    The racial aspect that has been hyped in the media brought it to a
    5 star rating without any other merit, just as Barack Obama, a virtual unknown in politics was elected based on race alone, just as OJ Simpson, who all the jurors knew murdered his wife, was acquitted.
    I think that is very sad in all cases.
    The acting was excellent but the theatrical elements fell short for me of a 5 star by quite a bit.
    Thank you for a great question though Ms Kewl :)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I saw it last night with my best friend. Honestly, I thought it was okay. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. I’d give it a 7/10.

While I thought the premise of the movie was cool, I thought the writing was a bit lackluster, compared to other Marvel movies.

I felt like the movie took itself too seriously, if you get what I’m saying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was very well done. It had a good action, great dialogue, a great story, and an awesome sound track. I loved the costumes and cinematography.

But I guess that moved it into the upper echelon of movies for me is that most people who watched the film will be talking about it for years afterwards. Because the movie talks about an ongoing debate in the "Black" community and beyond that, a debate we have amongst ourselves as Human Beings.

"What do we owe other human beings who are suffering? Should we care? Do we have any responsibility to help?"

Traditional Wakandan philosophy and politics claimed that isolation was the best path for Wakandans. Despite what went on in the outside world. The slavery of other Africans, the World Wars that almost destroyed Humanity, etc. Nupita Longo's character rebelled against that philosophy and left the nation. She became a spy and worked with various organizations to try to help. Michael B. Jordan's character was born at the intersection of Wakanda and the outside world. He had seen suffering of people of African descent around the world and decided that Wakanda had to pay up for centuries of neglect.

And in the end there is a kind of reckoning where T'Challa finds a balance between helping other Africans, the rest of Humanity, and finding a place for his lady in Wakanda's new agenda.

Of course, this all sets the stage for a major battle in Wakanda against Thanos.

Can't wait!

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't like the villain, specifically, Michael B. Jordan's portrayal of that villain. Other than that, it was alright. Wasn't great but I wasn't expecting a great movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoyed it but thought they put too much background to the bad day, he joined the seals then went for special forces then went to this other organisation. Dude he was like mid twenties, how has he accomplished all that when the training for each one is a couple of years? Let alone any tours

0|0
    0|0
  • It was good. I enjoyed the depth that the villains had, almost made me want to route for them. The only complaint i have is that they once again killed one of their villains too early that they could have used soo much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely loved it. The story, the fight scenes and the music was amazing. I definitely think it's one of marvels best.

1|0
    0|0
  • I loved the tribal trap style music jeez gave me goosebumps

1|0
    0|0
  • Just imagine if it was white people instead of black people

0|0
    1|0
    • Show All
    • Oh, so you are "half native american". And you can speak for them?

Then surely you know about Chief Joseph and his opinion on the "White" man;

"They spoke very loudly saying that their laws were for everybody, but soon we learned that, although they expected us to keep their laws, they thought nothing of breaking them themselves. . . Their Wise Ones said that we might have their religion, but when we tried to understand it, we found that there were too many kinds of religion among the white man for us to understand and that scarcely any two white men agreed which was the right one to learn. This bothered us a great deal until we saw that many white men did not take their religion any more seriously than they did their laws and that he kept both of them just behind him like helpers, to use when they might do him good in his dealings with strangers. We have never been able to understand the white man, who fools nobody but himself."

• Well, I don't know. I am not Zulu. Nor am I Coy. I have no idea what this has to do with ranking races or cultures. I don't need my culture or "race" to be better than anyone elses.

That's your hang up. Here you are whining about racism, when it was you telling me about third world countries and uncivilized people.

I don't understand racism kid. Even when I thought I understood it, it only confused me. I have no idea why you are so determined to convince people they are inferior to some other group.

It just seems like you could find a better way to live life.

• Cool

1|0
    0|0
  • Overrated. Pretty obvious why.

0|1
    0|0
  • haven't seen it yet, want to

0|0
    0|0
  • I really liked the movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was ok. I was offended there were no Asians or Indians in it. Need to find a feminist to bitch about that for me

0|0
    0|0
    • Well if you understand the message they were trying to convey. It's was as if the script was flipped for black people. Other races were seen as outsiders, even the blacks who weren't from Wakanda were seen as outsiders.

• Needs racial and cultural diversity.

0|2
    0|0
    • You're right, they were being selfish with their country's resources and did not want to allow refugees in their country or help anyone who was not from Wakanda.

• Show All
    • Dude, you don't fight racism. You produce it. A lot of it.

Racism is the belief in a superior race or races. And I could no more believe in the mythology of race than I could chop off my right arm.

But you just want some attention.

You are just a lonely pathetic internet troll.

And I will leave you to your destiny.

Bye.

• @RolandCuthbert I'm an immigrant so naturally I'm lonely.

• Good Technology

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Haven't seen it, but it looks sort of cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone I know who has seen it really loved it. I'm going to see it on Friday, I hope it lives up to the hype. I generally enjoy Marvel movies so I'm sure I'll like it. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It didn't impress me honestly. It's just like any other average superhero movie.

1|1
    0|0
  • Haven't seen it, but I think it's going to be a bit better than a lot of superhero movies - which are often pretty boring to me...

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg I love the movie just watched it this week

1|0
    0|0
  • haven't seen it yet but willing to give it a watch

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes