Why are English musical artists so much better than American artists?

Anyone feel the same way? Some of my absolute favorite artists ever, even in just the last 10 years or so, have pretty much all come from the U. K. 🇬🇧

American music just feels so generic I don't know not saying that there isn't some good American music, but it's almost a day and night difference in quality for me.

07

Most Helpful Guy

• That's your preference. Perhaps you're what we call an "Anglophile?"

Good American musicians are out there. There is a decent amount of country (excluding the pop stuff) blues and roots bands and artists, if you're interested.

Plus, not all the best bands came from England historically. The Doors, the Eagles, Aerosmith, CSN&Y, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Nirvana, etc Those all came from America and are/were some of the best on the planet.