Anyone else like the old Street Fighter video game?

I used to love this game as a kid. I sucked at It cause I have no hand eye coordination, but it was fun to pit two fighters with different martial arts styles against each other and figure out the best move to bring your opponent down. Anybody else remember this game fondly?

623

Most Helpful Guy

• Street Fighter is the quintessential player vs player. That and Mortal Combat. All other's are created from these I believe. Anyhow, I used to be pretty good at it, but now it's getting a bit out of hand how they have developed them. Too many characters.

Most Helpful Girl

• Street Fighter II was the first video game I ever played.
    Man, those were some good times. Tripping my opponent to death with M. Bison's slide move. Spamming the Hadokens. XD

It's to one of the characters on the game that I owe most of my aesthetic preferences, lol. Long hair and long nails on guys... we have Vega to thank for that.

• @Quintessence I never fully got into it until around the time the Alpha series came around, and the graphics and sound had improved significantly because they were on much better hardware compared to Street Fighter 2. The first time I heard about "Evil" Ryu being a hidden character in a Street Fighter game I wanted to check it out. And then by the time they made Street Fighter Alpha 3, that's when things really became fun all thanks to the "Dramatic Battle" alternate gameplay mode where you can team up with a friend to beat up the bosses together LOL.