Anyone else like the old Street Fighter video game?

I used to love this game as a kid. I sucked at It cause I have no hand eye coordination, but it was fun to pit two fighters with different martial arts styles against each other and figure out the best move to bring your opponent down. Anybody else remember this game fondly?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Street Fighter is the quintessential player vs player. That and Mortal Combat. All other's are created from these I believe. Anyhow, I used to be pretty good at it, but now it's getting a bit out of hand how they have developed them. Too many characters.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Street Fighter II was the first video game I ever played.
    Man, those were some good times. Tripping my opponent to death with M. Bison's slide move. Spamming the Hadokens. XD

It's to one of the characters on the game that I owe most of my aesthetic preferences, lol. Long hair and long nails on guys... we have Vega to thank for that.

0|2
    0|0
    • @Quintessence I never fully got into it until around the time the Alpha series came around, and the graphics and sound had improved significantly because they were on much better hardware compared to Street Fighter 2. The first time I heard about "Evil" Ryu being a hidden character in a Street Fighter game I wanted to check it out. And then by the time they made Street Fighter Alpha 3, that's when things really became fun all thanks to the "Dramatic Battle" alternate gameplay mode where you can team up with a friend to beat up the bosses together LOL.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• The older ones? Street Fighter 2 was okay. The ones I liked best was the Street Fighter Alpha or Street Fighter Zero series, in particularly to Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike was also good, but after that I more or less stopped playing it and went back to Mortal Kombat. Never touched Street Fighter 4 and beyond though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Street Fighter was a terrible game. Though I know you mean street fighter 2, little fact the combo system that made it interesting was actually a bug that meant you could hit the character during the recoil animation. They found this to be more fun so they left it in.

0|1
    0|0
    • @Edanurus Which SF game specifically? Originals like SF1, SF2, or the later games like SF Alpha/Zero or SF3? Or the more recent ones in the last few years like SF4 and SF5? I still think that Alpha 3 is overall the best one, since you don't have to play against a friend and can just be on the same team with it's "Dramatic Battle" alternate gameplay mode.

• Show All
    • Yeah Reptile, though I missed his name because I wasn't expecting it. I never realised the exact way to do it back then, mostly because I didn't realise the significance of 'look to la luna'

Yeah it was so tedious to do but I did it once. I was pretty proud of myself at the time.

• @Edanurus One other thing, if you beat Reptile the difficulty also increases in all subsequent matches against the computer. Although I don't know if this only affects the lower difficulty levels or if it would still have any difficulty increase if the game was already set to the hardest difficulty (Very Hard). I think they reallky should have changed the process the fight him completely in the final version release of the game, I don't see why they can't include him at the end of the game, if you can beat the game all in one sitting without using any continues and he'd appear to challenge the player, that would have made much more sense, especially if a player manage to beat the game on the Hard or Hardest difficulty settings of the game. It would have been the perfect Easter Egg and Reward for completing the game using solely just a Single Credit (coin/token).

• Blanka in a corner with sparks has to be the most annoying opponent in any fighting game, my friend would just sit and spark repeatedly if he was getting beat. I'm still getting annoyed about the thought of that over 20 years later.

0|0
    0|0
  • my best friend of that time had the game for super nintendo. I remember when I went over to his place and we played it. I won without knowing what I was doing at all and he way really upset by this. We never played street fighter together again

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I loved ken and his shoryuken or a move that had a name like that.
    The only opponent that used give me trouble was M. Bison. His energy level gets to maximum so fast and damn his signature move takes out almost 70% of my characters HP.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to play that on my old Sega Saturn before going to school after watching Adult Swim play Fullmetal Alchemist... good times.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i love it, i used to play that game soo much, by the way you are talking about the sega version right? Street fighter 2 ?

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • The way to tell for the Arcade version on whether this co-op mode is available is by looking at the title screen's background, if it's a light blue color, then that means it's accessible by using a code. you press and hold all of three kick buttons before pressing start, on the home ports, it has to be unlocked and no code required.

• @JudgmentDay wow, that is awesome

• I still love fighting games like that. I recently picked up the new Marvel vs. Capcom game, it's so good

0|0
    0|0
  • I will never watch such game n ask him/her to close it. It may fun but some time harmful for our eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I loved it. Although street fighter 2 was the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first Street Fighter was fun to play. My fighter of choice was Ken or Ryu.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have played it a few times

0|0
    0|0
  • Me me me!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah one of my favourites

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I played it very well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Thank goodness for emulators

0|0
    0|0
  • I still play it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah so awesome and Mortal Kombat

0|0
    0|0
    • MK2 is where it really propelled the game into a franchise. Still my preferred classic MK game, that and MK Trilogy.

• Show All
    • The guest characters had my attention. It's Alien vs. Predator vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Friday the 13th vs. Texas Chainsaw Masscre LOL, I really wished they bring Freddy Krueger back in that game, but he is in the "Mobile (iOS and Android OS)" version of Mortal Kombat X though, or so I've read about it.

• Hehehehe!!!

• I used to rock that game as a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • USF4 best sf game

0|0
    0|0
  • Was an awesome game

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It's great, my cousin used to have a Street Fighter II cabinet in his room. Wonder where that went actually...

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved it. And mortal kombat was amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me me me!
    I used to be a big fan of sakura!

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg I love it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but I prefer Marvel vs Capcom

0|0
    0|0