Is it okay to censor humor?

I think it's ridiculous that humor is censored because people's feelings get hurt. Like, humor isn't just some happy thing. It's more of a coping mechanism for most people I think. "You can't joke about that" is just the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Most good humor is derived from dark, fucked up shit. People (especially SJWs) don't seem to realize that. Ergh! What do you think about it?Is it okay to censor humor??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Edgelords tend to not understand that gallows humor is for the person on the gallows and not the people attending the hanging. Otherwise it's just laughing as a person dies you see.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There r somethings I don't joke about or find funny. But ur right, and it should not be censored, because not everyone finds the humor in the joke.

That's why we live in a democracy. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions and lives life they way the wish, within reason.

0|2
    0|0
    • Right, exactly.

• And everyone also had the right to tell that one loud obnoxious person to shut up and he shouldn't say stuff like that. He didn't have to listen (in a public place), but they can still say that. That's not censoring, that's telling you you're a jackass.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Wtf? Does Mark Twain really look like Tom Selleck? 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dark humour is stupid and if you need it to cope you should probably see a therapist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, who'd be the one censoring?

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, could be people who are just offended from a suicide joke or whatever. Anyone who's a frikin baby when it comes to the real world.

• Show All
    • I agree with Pamina in my opinion saying it is a censor seems a bit overstating...
      Anyway hopefully inconsiderate jokes about people whom @vitamins care about will be considered okay by himself too, to avoid hypocrisy, now or in the future, take care

• Yeah, Pamina's right on this one. I was siding with you but in this scenario yeah, the girl has the right to tell you to shut up. Just because you have the right to say it doesn't mean other people have to listen or be okay with it.

What Guys Said 2

• For every person who doesn't appreciate a particular brand of humour there is someone who does. An individual is entitled to object to a certain brand of humour. It is only an issue when they try to tell others what they can and can't listen to. As long as they're not doing that then they're merely expressing freedom of choice and opinion.

Comedy is like business, consumers will vote with their feet. If a particular brand of comedy sells then there is clearly a market for it. So it says more about society than it does about the comedian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Polutically correctness is a disease.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes