Rate this Stand up comedian out of 5: Bill Cosby?

One of the most influential stand-up comics of all time Bill Cosby is perhaps more famous for The Cosby Show, which aired from 1984 to 1992 and was rated as the number one show in America for five years, 1984 through 1989. The sitcom highlighted the experiences and growth of an affluent African-American family.

While many comics of the 60s-70s were using the growing freedom of that decade to explore material that was controversial and sometimes risqué, Cosby was making his reputation with humorous recollections of his childhood. Many Americans wondered about the absence of race as a topic in Cosby's stories. As Cosby's success grew he had to defend his choice of material regularly; as he argued, "A white person listens to my act and he laughs and he thinks, 'Yeah, that's the way I see it too.' Okay. He's white. I'm Negro. And we both see things the same way. That must mean that we are alike. Right? So I figure this way I'm doing as much for good race relations as the next guy."

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
  • 4/5 very funny
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Bill Cosby?
    Vote F
Results of previous polls:

Eddie Murphy: 4.3/5
Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Bill Burr: 3.8/5
Louis C. K.: 3.8/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Jim Carrey: 3.4/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jerry Seinfeld: 3.2/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5

820

Most Helpful Girl

• Not very funny.. He talks so slow.. like he's doing comedy for children?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Just the way he talks I guess lol. Many other comics poke fun at it 😛😂

• I find that unnerving. It makes me want to finish sentences for him.. if I knew what he wanted to say lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I really can't look at Bill Cosby without seeing 'rape' now, but objectively speaking I did like his comedy prior to the sex scandals. Not a lot, though. I always thought less of it because he was such a try-hard in the realm of keeping things clean, even going as far as to tell Eddie Murphy not to use 'curse words' in his act. However, he represents that you don't necessarily need to be dirty to be funny on stage, which some people need or prefer. I saw the special he put out as an old man & he just looked like an unfunny relic, I felt bad for him. But the older specials had me laughing some. I feel like as a performer he's probably on the level with Seinfeld, but I laugh more at his jokes comaprarively. Overall, I would give him like a 3.5. I liked watching DVD's of Fat Albert or episodes of the Cosby Show sitcom & he has a better body of work than a lot of comedians, but the corny lameness & now rapey look it all has now kind of degrades him from being a 4.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE