Anybody know anything about the character of Erik Killmonger as depicted in the comic books?

I was just wondering how faithful the movie version is to the comic book version.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His origin story is a lot different. First off, in the comics he was born in W'kanda, not Oakland. Second, he's not related to T'challa at all.

In the comics, Klaw basically forced him to work with him, and when T'challa forced Claw out of Wakanda, Klaw took Killmonger with him to America, where he then escaped.

In the comics, Killmonger wasn't in the military at all, in fact he got an education and even got a PhD in Engineering from MIT.

As for the rest, it's fairly accurate. They omitted some extra details like Killmonger getting the help from another guy in raising a zombie army, and getting saved in the end by a boy who ends up killing Killmonger himself.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I loved the Black Panther movie!!😆 saw it today but I never read the Black Panther comics so I don’t really care but I understand why some people would be upset cause some stuff wasn’t depicted right as a comic book fan but as a film it was good

0|0
    0|0
  • It was an alright movie... I was stoned and missed the first 15 minutes so i was confused during the rest. But the action was good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched a video saying he's just for the film not sure if true

0|0
    0|0
    • The character appeared in the comics, but they changed him for the movie.

• Nope. Stopped reading comics when I was 10

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea about this

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!