What did you think of the movie Black Panther? (Spoiler warnings!!).. How would you rate it?

What did you think of the movie Black Panther? (Spoiler warnings!!).. How would you rate it?I won't spoil anything myself, but I made sure to include a warning incase anyone in the comments spoils anything... So just a warning for you guys!!

Personally, I wasn't extremely impressed with the movie. There were a couple of small moments where I would smirk etc. but it was overall a somewhat dry movie in my eyes. However, I'm an extremely harsh critique. It's hard to impress me thoroughly. I thought that the story made sense in today's society.. At least somewhat.. There were a couple of extreme loopholes but what movie doesn't have those?

The bit of this movie that actually got me teary wasn't the movie itself... Actually.. Not the actual overlying story anyways. There was the undertone of oppression that African Americans have faced for hundreds of years.. And there was a particular scene where I really felt it... And that's what really got to me. It's rare for me to get teary in a movie... So I have to give this movie props for being able to evoke that feeling from within me.

While it wasn't the movie exactly, it still was.. It was the undertoned message that was extremely deep. And it was masterfully executed. So I give huge props to that. But apart from that one scene, I'd rate the movie a 7/10... Just a number above average... However, that scene definitely bumped the movie up to an 8.5/10... Possibly a 9/10...

I really do appreciate the message that the movie gave me. I thought it was really deep and beautiful. However, again, it wasn't the movie directly.. But it definitely guided me towards that immense emotion. So again, props!

What at do you guys think of the movie? What would you rate it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like. rating movies in comparison to others. So overall this movies what highly entertaining. I personally love thriller/dramas so I felt they could have pushed harder with the story and made it much more real, but i understand it's a marvel movie made to appeal to the masses and all the age groups. I think the producers did exactly what they wanted with it, a fun, exciting action film that looked stunning and had a grey story that many different people can think many different things about.

Should they become an open society or closed society? But ultimately the biggest question it raises is how much do we each owe the world?

1|0
    0|0
    • Indeed! It's a really interesting concept and idea.. It definitely has a lot of underlying messages and symbols. But you bring up some very interesting a great points! Very well said

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there were some issues with pacing, but a LOT of movies have that nowadays. Literally everything else was fantastic, score and costumes and character and culture

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I felt like the movie didn't do the story of the Black Panther justice AT ALL. There were so many directions they could have taken that story, but instead of the making a great story about an oppressed people rising up and defending themselves, they made a watered down, cheesy, stereotype.

I broke my jaw from cringing so hard!

1|0
    0|0
    • I was hoping to come across someone who's familiar with the original Black Panther tales! Were they really all that different? I honestly don't know anything about this hero so I'm really not sure

• Show All
    • I'm just gonna level with you, I thought that Black Panther was not the black superhero of today. He was too corny. I wanted a more serious Black Panther. Plus, the whole lost heir to the throne thing would have been way cooler of the movie left you hanging about what happens next. They made it too long.

• Thanks for sharing that article! I'm glad I know some main differences now! But yes.. The whole change with Nakia was an interesting move on their part.. But like stated in the article.. They could be saving that for a sequel.. Which would make sense

• It was amazing, but it didn't make a lot of sense how the black panther lost in the first fight but not the second encounter, he trained for this his whole life and he lost to some random guy? Sounds stupid

9/10

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that was a weird plot issue.. That's for certain

• Its noce to see some cultural diversity as well as other cultures traditions come into the film

I've had an fascination for African cultural traditions for a little while now

However the main villian seemed ratger shoehorned

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just another marvel movie.

It's an Africa themed iron man.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why iron man?

• It's just the first marvel film that came to mind.

They are starting to look like the same move with different characters.

• I don't watch all the marvel movies, but I've seen a fair amount. They aren't alike at all I can personally vouch for that as I'm a pretty tough critique

• I thought it was good. Far from the perfect so many people are saying it is, but it's given us plenty of Kang memes so it's all good

0|0
    0|0
  • Movie 6/10. Accents 11/10

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha yeah the accents were great.. A bit hard to understand at times, but it's not exactly mean to be "understandable".. More than its meant to be realistic

• Haven't been to the cinema in ages

0|0
    0|0
  • Spoiler alert:- The hero will win in the end.

0|0
    0|0
    • What's your opinion on the movie though?

• Show All
    • Not all the time.
      This also doesn't answer my question at all.. Have you even seen the movie?

• No, I haven't. If I had seen it, I had rated it. And, that happens all the time so, no use watching it for me.

What Girls Said 4

• If you don’t take it too seriously it’s a good movie. It was fun. I enjoyed it. It’s not my favourite marvel movie but it was enjoyable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't care. Just another movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring/10

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes