What did you think of the movie Black Panther? (Spoiler warnings!!).. How would you rate it?

What did you think of the movie Black Panther? (Spoiler warnings!!).. How would you rate it?I won't spoil anything myself, but I made sure to include a warning incase anyone in the comments spoils anything... So just a warning for you guys!!

Personally, I wasn't extremely impressed with the movie. There were a couple of small moments where I would smirk etc. but it was overall a somewhat dry movie in my eyes. However, I'm an extremely harsh critique. It's hard to impress me thoroughly. I thought that the story made sense in today's society.. At least somewhat.. There were a couple of extreme loopholes but what movie doesn't have those?

The bit of this movie that actually got me teary wasn't the movie itself... Actually.. Not the actual overlying story anyways. There was the undertone of oppression that African Americans have faced for hundreds of years.. And there was a particular scene where I really felt it... And that's what really got to me. It's rare for me to get teary in a movie... So I have to give this movie props for being able to evoke that feeling from within me.

While it wasn't the movie exactly, it still was.. It was the undertoned message that was extremely deep. And it was masterfully executed. So I give huge props to that. But apart from that one scene, I'd rate the movie a 7/10... Just a number above average... However, that scene definitely bumped the movie up to an 8.5/10... Possibly a 9/10...

I really do appreciate the message that the movie gave me. I thought it was really deep and beautiful. However, again, it wasn't the movie directly.. But it definitely guided me towards that immense emotion. So again, props!

What at do you guys think of the movie? What would you rate it?

59

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like. rating movies in comparison to others. So overall this movies what highly entertaining. I personally love thriller/dramas so I felt they could have pushed harder with the story and made it much more real, but i understand it's a marvel movie made to appeal to the masses and all the age groups. I think the producers did exactly what they wanted with it, a fun, exciting action film that looked stunning and had a grey story that many different people can think many different things about.

Should they become an open society or closed society? But ultimately the biggest question it raises is how much do we each owe the world?

• Indeed! It's a really interesting concept and idea.. It definitely has a lot of underlying messages and symbols. But you bring up some very interesting a great points! Very well said

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there were some issues with pacing, but a LOT of movies have that nowadays. Literally everything else was fantastic, score and costumes and character and culture