Who agrees that women shouldn't play sports?

First off, I am not sexist, but I think it's dumb for women to play sports. Honestly, they have to make the ball bigger and green, and shorten the innings, and shorten the distance of the bases in softball. They make the basketball smaller, and they they make the volleyball net smaller. Also, an average high school varsity starter male, could be a star in the WNBA (which nobody watches). Also, aside from the horrible WNBA, there are no pros for women and there will never be. So why do women play sports?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you fail to realise people play sport because it's healthy and they enjoy it. Say what you want about professional sport, but I don't understand why you'd prevent women from just playing team sports between themselves for the purpose of health, fun and social bonding.

2|4
    0|0
    • I was gonna say sports as a profession is sort of a joke, but it might have been offensive. I agree though, sports is supposed to be about fun and happiness. I guess sports being a pastime is too inconceivable.

• @HuckleberryHound723 yeah I kind of agree with you on that one. I also forgot to mention, they don't adjust most of the game for women. I used to play field hockey and the field was just as big, the ball just as heavy (or light I guess), nothing about the game changed.

Most Helpful Guy

• "First off, I am not sexist" When you start your explanation with a line like that, you need to stop for a moment and realize that what you are about to write most likely really is sexist even if you somehow manage to think it isn't. Applies to many other things too, not just sexism.

And yes, you are being sexist. You are saying 50% of worlds population shouldn't play sports because it's "pointless". First of all, playing sports is never pointless, there is always more pros than cons. It's a fact. Besides women who play sports don't take anything away from you or men who play sports.

"WNBA (which nobody watches)" 1,561,530 people (2016 attendance) = nobody, right..

If you don't like watching women playing sports, just don't, there is no need to ruin the fun from women or from anyone else.

3|3
    0|0
    • Correction: Women actually make up over 50% of the world's population. I think it's like 53 percent or something. Let me look it up.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, this is definitely sexist. Seriously? You really had to ask this? Of course women should play sports! You wouldn't like it if a random woman on GaG asked "Who agrees that men shouldn't play sports?". Now, would you? No. So get your head screwed on right and rethink what you say.

1|4
    0|1
  • I bet that I can kick your ass

Dude, you are sexist

1|3
    0|0
  • No one cares what you think.

3|5
    0|1
  • "I am not sexist!" Mate. Sexist AND stupid.

2|4
    0|2
  • You aren't a sexist you are a dumb sexist.

3|5
    0|0
  • You are a big fat sexist hypocrite lol

2|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Umm dude you’re being sexist but you can continue to be in denial if you like.

I bet those stars in the WNBA can probably out shoot you in basketball, women in ufc could possibly beat the average guy without breaking a sweat, etc etc etc.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it but don’t disrespect them bro

2|3
    0|0
  • Have you considered that sport is for fitness as well as competition, not to mention for learning coordination and teamwork? Sport isn't all about who can pretend he has the biggest dick.

1|2
    0|0
  • “First off, I am not sexist”

Um... I have bad news bro

3|5
    0|0
    • Yeah, usually when someone starts a sentence with "I'm not sexist/racist but...", you just know they are going to come out with something sexist/racist.

• Bro that's def sexist. I don't care for NASCAR and other sports but I don't think they should cease to exist.
    Tbh I don't care for the NBA but I'd bet they're more fundametally sound than the men are. And I do enjoy women's MMA.

2|4
    0|0
  • This is extraordinarily stupid.

Why would you effectively stop half the population from playing sports because you don't like change? Who cares if the balls is a bit bigger or innings shorter. They are going to play against women either way. It literally does not matter whether a starter male could win or that nobody watches the WNBA. People tend to not play sports to be watched, I certainly don't. It's to have fun.

But it seems to me you would like to stop people from having fun. Maybe that's because of some deep intrinsic issues.

3|3
    0|0
  • Some women are better than most men at sports. I am rubbish at sports myself.

3|3
    0|0
  • No I don’t agree. My girlfriend plays ice hockey on men’s teams

2|3
    0|0
  • I agree that they're simply not as athletically capable but that's no reason to not play sports, that's just a reason for men to play with men and women to play with women.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I am not sexist"

Pal, you are one heck of a dumbass lol

You are sexist big time

3|2
    0|0
  • Why should they not play sport? Sports are fun, competitive, healthy and a good way to get a college scholarship.

2|2
    0|0
  • Jennie Finch, MLB players tried to hit her fast pitch softball, largely failed to do it.
    Brittney Force, reigning NHRA top fuel champ, competes against men. (Oh, and her lane is the same length)
    Danica Patrick, IndyCar/NASCAR, nicely competitive (my wish would be she stayed in IndyCar, but oh well)
    Ronda Rousey, Amanda Nunes, Holly Holm's, to name a few that I sure as heck wouldn't step into the Octagon with.
    Won't even start with the list of exceptional golfers.
    So I'd say women do just fine in sports!
    US Women's Ice Hockey - GOLD 2018! (sorry Canada, well fought game)

2|0
    0|0
  • What really picks my curiosity about this is... Are you a 5 year old time traveler just arriving from 1970? Cause that would be really something!

1|0
    0|0
  • "First off, I am not sexist"

Sure pal and I am the Queen of England lol

2|1
    0|0
  • Well some sports I can see women playing like soccer or volleyball, but never sports like football or wrestling

0|0
    1|0
    • I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to join other sports, but it is a bad idea if they went into sports like those so they should hopefully play something else lol.

• The men are better but women should still be allowed to play.

0|0
    2|0
  • Uh, no one but you bro.

3|3
    0|0
  • Just shut up and enjoy the sports

2|3
    0|0
  • This is a troll question right lol

2|1
    0|1
  • Women should become super fertile.