Who agrees that women shouldn't play sports?

First off, I am not sexist, but I think it's dumb for women to play sports. Honestly, they have to make the ball bigger and green, and shorten the innings, and shorten the distance of the bases in softball. They make the basketball smaller, and they they make the volleyball net smaller. Also, an average high school varsity starter male, could be a star in the WNBA (which nobody watches). Also, aside from the horrible WNBA, there are no pros for women and there will never be. So why do women play sports?

720

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you fail to realise people play sport because it's healthy and they enjoy it. Say what you want about professional sport, but I don't understand why you'd prevent women from just playing team sports between themselves for the purpose of health, fun and social bonding.

• I was gonna say sports as a profession is sort of a joke, but it might have been offensive. I agree though, sports is supposed to be about fun and happiness. I guess sports being a pastime is too inconceivable.

• @HuckleberryHound723 yeah I kind of agree with you on that one. I also forgot to mention, they don't adjust most of the game for women. I used to play field hockey and the field was just as big, the ball just as heavy (or light I guess), nothing about the game changed.

Most Helpful Guy

• "First off, I am not sexist" When you start your explanation with a line like that, you need to stop for a moment and realize that what you are about to write most likely really is sexist even if you somehow manage to think it isn't. Applies to many other things too, not just sexism.

And yes, you are being sexist. You are saying 50% of worlds population shouldn't play sports because it's "pointless". First of all, playing sports is never pointless, there is always more pros than cons. It's a fact. Besides women who play sports don't take anything away from you or men who play sports.

"WNBA (which nobody watches)" 1,561,530 people (2016 attendance) = nobody, right..

If you don't like watching women playing sports, just don't, there is no need to ruin the fun from women or from anyone else.

• Correction: Women actually make up over 50% of the world's population. I think it's like 53 percent or something. Let me look it up.