Rate this Stand up comedian out of 5: Mitch Hedberg?

Mitch Hedberg was known for his surreal humor and unconventional comedic delivery (including deadpan delivery). His comedy typically featured short, sometimes one-line jokes mixed with absurd elements and non sequiturs.

Hedberg's comedy and onstage persona gained him a cult following, with audience members sometimes shouting out the punchlines to his jokes before he could finish them.

Unfortunately he died in 2005 of a cocaine and heroin overdose. He had a lot of potential.

• 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Mitch Hedberg?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Results of previous polls:

Eddie Murphy: 4.3/5
Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Bill Burr: 3.8/5
Louis C. K.: 3.8/5
Kevin Hart: 3.7/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Jim Carrey: 3.4/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jerry Seinfeld: 3.2/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
Bill Cosby: 3.1/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5
i expect a lot of people on here to not know who he is lol. we will see

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck Mitch Hedburg was the best. He's easily my personal favorite but John Mulaney is catching up in my opinion.

My favorite is still his bit about how he wants to open a McDonald's and participate in none of the promotions McDonald's runs "no we sell spaghetti and blankets here we are not affiliated with that clown."

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know that one. What about this comedian back in the 80s and 90s used to wear like a trench coat and had long hair and would wear some type of a hat. He also made some movies. Unfortunately he has passed away now. He used to make a lot of jokes what's his name?

0|1
    0|0
    • I think his first name is Sam

• Sounds like Sam Kinnison? did he yell a lot in his stand up?

• Yes that's him alright for sure, he yelled a lot. There is one you might have forgotten about

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Didn't know who he was but I did laugh. It's a shame he o deed (over dosed) . He could've risen high. No pun intended.
    Rated him 3/5

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 he was awesome, sucks he died too soon. I remember being 5 years old and hearing about his death on TV.

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/5, another one of my favorites. He did have a lot of potential, rip Mitch ❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe the worst comedian ever

0|1
    0|1
    • don't like his delivery perhaps?

• Show All
    • it's not easy. that's not the point. but set pieces are cohesive stories and generally have a plot. the parts to the punchline don't have to be funny for the joke to be more or less effective, nor do the jokes necessarily have to be funny in between for the payoff to be funny. but with his style, for every 1 joke most comedians tell, he was telling 10-15. it's like trying to make listing the items in your house for a presentation vs someone else doing a presentation on the time they had to backpack through Europe

• I’m not sure why you keep wanting to defend him. I don’t find him funny, I never have and I doubt I ever will.

It’s just my opinion. No amount of you talking about why you like him will make me suddenly find him funny.

You like him , more power to you. It’s none of my concern one way or the other.

• Sort of funny (3/5)

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never heard of him.

0|1
    0|0
  • almost zero

0|1
    0|0
  • Who lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Heard the name, haven't seen any stand up from him before.

0|1
    0|0
  • damn one of my absolute favorites. i thought he was brilliant. he was sort of the off the wall seinfeld.

"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later."

definitely stinks he's not with us anymore. so much wasted potential

0|1
    0|0
  • He was born to be a comedian. I loved his delivery & while his jokes could get a little lame at times I generally didn't care because he projected this very relatable stoner/laid back persona as he did it & it made the good ones really soar. I feel like he hsd a lot of potential & it is sad to see him go out like Greg Giraldo. 4/5

1|1
    0|0
  • "I want to hang a map of the world in my house and put pins in all the locations that I've traveled to, but first I'll have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."

Brilliant.

0|1
    0|0
  • Saw him on tv and thought he was hilarious. Saw him live about 6 months before he passed when he was on tour with Stephen Lynch. He was really drunk that night maybe in drugs and spent most of his act lying down on the stage. It was pretty sad to watch to be honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • In my top 3 with Carlin, Mitch is the Kurt Cobain of comedy. He had an amazingly unique delivery, along with a fantastic ability to represent the "everyday" in an entirely new and simplistic perspective.

0|1
    0|0
  • YOU DA REAL MVP!!!

he's my 2nd favorite comedian behind dave chappelle

0|1
    0|0
  • He was quite funny. I didn't remember his name but I knew his face.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never really liked him. I'm not into drugs or dug humor even if I might use it myself on here

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorta funny, didn’t really know this one

0|1
    0|0
  • Who's Mitch Hedberg?

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 very funny

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry, never heard of him.