Most powerful movie scene ever-warning graphic. How do you feel?

Warning this scene is brutal. A 2 minute slice of one fictional girl's life reduced me to tears, no build up either just an instant sob. What do you feel when you watch this scene?

In the below link, the author explains why she wrote the book Push, which was later adapted to the movie this clip is from. When I stated the protagonist as fictional, this is true, the author did create unique characters for her novel however, she was heavily influenced by real girls she encountered in her profession.
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120176695

Also, I had no idea how to write poll choices, so, I tried to be vague. I hope this doesn't both some people.
  • I cried, so incredibly moving, so powerful
  • Other
  • This strikes a cord unfortunately.
    Vote C

520

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like to watch movie scenes out of context. Maybe I'll watch the whole movie one day, then I'll have an opinion. I hate when people post stuff just to spoil my day.

• ? uhm okay, sure... I think it's fairly simple to get a quick understanding of what's happening because of the context clues...
      Also, if your day is easily ruined there were context clues to indicate this was not a happy scene.

• I know, that's why I didn't watch it. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• That was certainly very powerful and I did cry. I have not seen this movie but that short clip makes me want to see it.

My thoughts: The sad part is that this is reality for many people in the world. It's sad and disheartening to hear about but it's the truth. I did an internship at a foster care agency when I was still in college and I worked with children who had been sexually abused by their own biological parents. Many of them suffer from disorders and illnesses caused by their abuse, and most of them I worked with were minorities.

Some were even human trafficking victims. I'm from a pretty small town and had NO IDEA that things like that were happening where I lived. You hear about it on TV but you never suspect that such horrible things can be happening to kids in your own neighborhoods.

It's sickening how anyone could treat a child like that. Honestly, that internship really exposed me to the cruelties of the world that I had never noticed or understood before, and it broke my heart. So I think it's great for a book or film to bring awareness to the abuse and struggles that so many children face. I'll definitely have to check out this movie.