Most powerful movie scene ever-warning graphic. How do you feel?

Warning this scene is brutal. A 2 minute slice of one fictional girl's life reduced me to tears, no build up either just an instant sob. What do you feel when you watch this scene?

In the below link, the author explains why she wrote the book Push, which was later adapted to the movie this clip is from. When I stated the protagonist as fictional, this is true, the author did create unique characters for her novel however, she was heavily influenced by real girls she encountered in her profession.
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120176695

Also, I had no idea how to write poll choices, so, I tried to be vague. I hope this doesn't both some people.
  • I cried, so incredibly moving, so powerful
    Vote A
  • Other
    Vote B
  • This strikes a cord unfortunately.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like to watch movie scenes out of context. Maybe I'll watch the whole movie one day, then I'll have an opinion. I hate when people post stuff just to spoil my day.

1|2
    0|0
    • ? uhm okay, sure... I think it's fairly simple to get a quick understanding of what's happening because of the context clues...
      Also, if your day is easily ruined there were context clues to indicate this was not a happy scene.

• I know, that's why I didn't watch it. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• That was certainly very powerful and I did cry. I have not seen this movie but that short clip makes me want to see it.

My thoughts: The sad part is that this is reality for many people in the world. It's sad and disheartening to hear about but it's the truth. I did an internship at a foster care agency when I was still in college and I worked with children who had been sexually abused by their own biological parents. Many of them suffer from disorders and illnesses caused by their abuse, and most of them I worked with were minorities.

Some were even human trafficking victims. I'm from a pretty small town and had NO IDEA that things like that were happening where I lived. You hear about it on TV but you never suspect that such horrible things can be happening to kids in your own neighborhoods.

It's sickening how anyone could treat a child like that. Honestly, that internship really exposed me to the cruelties of the world that I had never noticed or understood before, and it broke my heart. So I think it's great for a book or film to bring awareness to the abuse and struggles that so many children face. I'll definitely have to check out this movie.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• The rape scenes from once were warriors and the one in last house on the left, I've seen some really fucked up real stuff but those scenes, I can't even explain how horrible I find them, like watching someone be reduced to a panicking outlet for violence really only thing that gets me in any movie, though I am psychotically over protective of females, especially when it involves a creeper of a dude

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm HIV+ due to this movie, alas, no one cries tears for me.

This is what I've become.
    This is my gift.
    This is my curse.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wasn't emotionally attached. There's a song that always gets me though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7w200rrcs

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is a powerful scene.. Especially considerin what she been through.. Although I didn't cry exactly..

0|0
    0|0
  • I was sad when I saw this in the film. But watching it out of context I just thought it was good acting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Makes me angry. This stuff happens, but the perpetrator gets out of prison in just a few years and then goes back to the same crime.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really affecting me,
    I think a lot of saving private Ryan for example is more powerful, particularly the opening and ending

1|0
    0|0
  • HIV isn't such a big deal now these days. They have pretty good treatments for it now.

1|0
    0|0
    • you do not need treatments
      HIV does nothing honestly just eat right and take care of yourself
      I can inject myself with HIV if I wanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQCKb1JV-4A

• Show All
    • @deniseexe Well all it is is a virus that causes our white blood cell to go down. So I'd imagine it makes sense now that scientist have found better treatments for it to slow down the process. I mean it is still a fucked up thing to have and has that stigma, but not like before. I remember reading multiple articles stating that they are really close to a cure in South Africa. Charlie Sheen even reportedly has went down there.

• we already have the cure
      the herbs are for the healing of the nation

fast
      eat herbs
      cut out meat and protein and
      pray to Jesus Christ

it will completely go away
      I became sick a while back could barely get out of bed to piss for a few months

eventually started to eat right, pray, and fast I feel so much better you have no idea
      so its true herbs do heal

• I've been through hell and back so I can relate, but facing slow death is something that is unimaginable.

0|0
    0|0
  • its not the most powerful movie scene ever

0|0
    1|0
  • definitely a powerful scene and strikes a chord

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watched it. Didn't give a fuck.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nope, ntn

1|0
    0|0
  • I cried, so incredibly moving, so powerful

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i uhhh... I chuckled... Sowwy not Sowwy

1|0
    0|0
  • does nothing for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhm... so? What was graphic in this?

0|0
    0|0
    • language, subject matter-there are children on this site.

• if i got hiv thats it there's no point in living to me anymore ill never be able to have sex and no-one will ever love me thats how i feel so im never gonna get hiv

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Didn't cry but I get it. I teach myself and I have several kids that go through things that I don't even think the adults can handle. I don't think it's the most powerful scene though.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea, it made me cry but the title was mostly made in a rush because when I saw the scene (after watching the movie years ago) I burst out sobbing and made this question moreso in a rush/full of emotion. 'Most powerful movie scenes' would not be a list I think I'd actually want to look at.

• I think I will want to see that movie sooner or later
    I did cry a little, its pretty powerful even that I assume its stronger when you see all the movie/book and not just a cut out one part of it

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven’t watched the movie as a whole but I probably need to. Poor girl it must suck to have a public melt down like that. I didn’t cry but maybe I would if I watched the full thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It happens.. 🤷‍♀️

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes