What Are Your Thoughts On ASMR?

Asmr stands for
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a term used for an experience characterised by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine.
its typically described as pleasurable by people who experience it and relaxing. However for those who don’t get ASMR usually think of it as weird. I want to know your opinion on it. Please focus on the main community of ASMR and not the weird side.

23

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's cool that there is so large community and so many "ASMRtists" around. The whole ASMR thing is extremely polarizing, partially even inside the ASMR community. I watch ASMR myself (well more like listen), I don't get the tingling feeling but I find some of the content to be extremely relaxing. There is some stuff which I personally never watch, for example eating or "mouth sounds" videos. Those sound just annoying to me usually, but hey whatever floats your boat. That's the great thing with something like ASMR, there is something for everyone, if you don't like it you can move on to something else. And since the community mainly lives in YouTube, everything is free while the content creators are still able to get some compensation with ads etc.

• I like some mouth sounds like ear nibbling but eating and crunching sounds are annoying.