What Pokemon did you choose in Red/Blue (Generation 1)?

I chose Squirtle because Blastoise is badass, but when I play the remakes I'm going to choose Bulbasaur because he's underrated. Who did you choose and why?
  • Charmander
    Vote A
  • Squirtle
    Vote B
  • Bulbasaur
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Squirtle! I got into pokemon when I was younger after watching the TV show and thinking how cool it was. In the show, I remember there were squirtles with sunglasses, and I also remember there was a lazy charizard.

Naturally, when I played the games (borrowed from my sister), I wanted a cool pokemon, so I picked squirtle. I associated them with the cool sunglass squirtles and I associated charizard with laziness. Bulbasaur was just alright to me lol. I also saw my sister playing the game before and I saw the animation for surf and thought it was badass looking.

1|0
    0|0
    • Dude yes, the Squirtles with shades were the littest pokemon ever to exist.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to go for Squirtle but ever since I picked Bulbasaur in xy I've really warmed up to that line a lot more. I love my venasaur bab, she's perfect. If I were to do a replay of FR/LG I'd pick Bulbasaur

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice, finally someone who used Bulbasaur he got 0 votes so far.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I played them through 3 times so I could start with each.

1|0
    0|0
  • Charmander, a dragon that breathes fire. What more can you ask for?

2|0
    0|0
  • I never played the original, I was raised on Gen 3, mudkip is still my favorite Pokémon.

2|0
    0|0
  • Thinking about this question... I know that the best starter in Gen 1 was Squirtle. Based on how Water worked in it, it was Special. Grass and Fire were also Special but there were good Fire moves and Water moves. There were no good Grass moves aside from Razor Leaf and Solarbeam... I love Bulbasaur to death, but in 1st Gen (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow) it was absolute trash. Squirtle turned in Blastoise which only had 2 weaknesses (Grass/Electric) and Charizard had 3 (Water/Electric/Rock).
    I still love Bulbasaur, but I can't bring myself to choose it if I play through Gen 1 again for whatever reason. I would most likely be choosing Squirtle because it has access to one of the best moves in the game... Surf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well probably squirtle but i would prefer eevee n evolve it to umbreon

0|0
    0|0
  • Charmander, because fire is cool

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Is this an app? I watched Pokemon but I've always been a marvel fan

0|0
    0|0
    • No it's a video game lmao but also an anime. And I love Marvel too!!!

• Always Charmander.

1|0
    0|0
  • Char! lol... I have opp that are hard but I love char, I still have yet to get on Pokemon Go

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes