What villains or antagonists (in cartoons or anime) do you root for?

Ever since I was a kid, I used to love the villains, and sometimes get mad when they lose at the end. Anime is cool because some of them get "redeemed" and become allies. My favorite ones are in the picture, but I like more. Dr. blight is an honorable mention.

If you don't like any antagonists, then this question is not for you. Just kidding, but there has to be at least one you like. What villains or antagonists (in cartoons or anime) do you root for??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ulquiorra and Grimmjow from Bleach... And Aizen to an extent... Mad genius that he is (obviously not as much as Urahara, but we are talking about the villains)
    Uchiha Madara from Naruto...

I also like the Joker. Somehow I feel that he makes Batman a better super hero... By being a maniacal psycho

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Meruem from Hunter x Hunter. Madara Uchiha from Naruto. Lust/glutton/ Wrath from Full Metal Alchemist. I can't remember all of them but there's a lot of cool bad guys and gals out there.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah bad guys/girls are awesome, and tend to have a lot of personality. I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't like any antagonists or villains or even hate them.

• Same here. Learning about psychology now and I think it has to do a lot with their views/values which is interesting. And also the fact that bad guys usually lose and aren't made to be a well thought out characters. Really unfortunate because that can make the anime/manga/show a lot more interesting

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I'm actually really happy you put princess azula up because that had always been a villain I have liked

0|1
    0|0
  • Azula was an asshole but i did feel bad for her cause she was just the product of her surroundings. Plus her dad was ruthless

0|1
    0|0
    • True. She was my favorite character in the show, she was a badass, and smart. She's also the one who hurt Aang the most, which says something.

• Show All
    • I know! Makes me so mad. If you read the comic "The Search" you find out more, amd it looks like she cpuld be redeemed. Then the follow up comic ruined it. Still leaving her fate a mystery

• Aww man! :(
      Still one of my favorite animes!

• I always liked Prince Zuko and Princess Azula. Aku. Shigo. Zetsu and Hidan. Davy Jones.

0|1
    0|0
  • Zuko from ATLAB I rooted for him almost the whole way. I also had a huge crush

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the only one I kinda rooted for was Obito. Boy just had some serious issues, he wasn't really evil :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Too many but I love Itachi the most although he’s not really a villain

0|0
    0|0
  • Sesshomaru in Inuyasha

0|2
    0|0
  • The Joker , Catwoman.

0|1
    0|0
  • Itachi and Obito

1|0
    0|0
  • Shigaraki. I'm a fan of his.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Team Rocket from the first half of Season 1 of Pokémon (before their voice actors changed and the show became more kid friendly) were great villains. You could tell they were malicious antagonists and not goofy comedic relief. Then they fell into the boring trope that has defined them for the past 15 years. Sad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ryuto asamiya, Tendo Pain, Makoto Shishio, Enishi, Kisara Nanjo, Natsu Tanimoto (Hermit), Grimmjow Jeagurjacques, Ywach Bach, Frieza, Vegeta, The Beast of Darkness, Ban, Kai (beyblade), Sasuke Uchiha, Obito, Shinobu Sensui, Tao Ren, Akira Meijin, Shanks, Mihawk, Blackbeard, Kaede Rukawa, Jellal Fernandez, Zeref Dragneel, Acnologia, Ryuga, Isshinsai Ogata

0|1
    0|0
  • Piccolo, Captain Kuro, Hao Asakura, Xanxus, Grimmjow Jaggerjack, Kurochiki Byakuya, last but not least as I have been dubbed Sesshomaru.

0|1
    0|0
  • Actually now that you bring it up the fire nation is pretty cool, I liked villains but I never wanted them to win.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too many to say but my biggest villain i will always like no matter what is junko enoshima and nagito even though nagito isn't really a bad guy but most people think he is so i put him as one. Also light from death note he was a bad guy but world perfection may just need a bad guy to do it. There is very few bad guys i hate the only type of villains i hate are ones like negan from walking dead i know it's not a cartoon or anime but it was the best example i could come up with at the min. Basically i just hate the bad guys who are just bad and are assholes for no reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I have felt sorry for some villains but I don't think there has ever been one I was rooting for

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the chaotic ones.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wile E. Coyote

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes