Who is your favorite author, and why?

Who is your favorite author, and why?

1533

Most Helpful Guy

• There is so many great authors I like a lot but if I have to choose one, I always say Stephen King. He is very prolific, which is good and a bad thing. His work sometimes is amazing, good, bad or just horrible. Still I've read almost everything from him, and still plan on continuing every time he releases something new. Many know King for his horror stories but he is actually very versatile. There is various genres and themes he writes about. Kings stories are interesting and suck you in. He is amazing at making the characters and the world alive. Attention to detail is something which always amazes me. I like that a lot but I do understand why some find it annoying to read several pages about some irrelevant small character, or irrelevant background for the story.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• J K Rowling. I've never cried while reading a book until I read the last Harry Potter book. She has a way of making you feel attached to and identify with the characters on a level I've never experienced before. And she must have a treasure chest of imagination to make up a world like that with all its details. But she's also a great inspiration in herself - after everything she's been through, she still believed enough in herself and her ideas to go ahead and make her dream of writing a reality (and created Harry Potter in the process). She is brilliant as well as a perfect example of how you can still succeed despite any hardships life throws at you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE