Do you ever get tired of Hollywood making women like men?

Do you ever get tired of Hollywood making women like men.?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like how u said "making women like men" implying that men are the tough gender and women r not. Those r stereotypes. I like when movies break stereotypes. Recently Hollywood has been releasing movies where women have all kinds of characterization they're getting better on that.

3|1
    0|0
    • But men are stronger then women, everyone with a brain knows that.

• Show All
    • No one is saying women can't be strong, what we're saying is men are still stronger. Women have to go through fuck all "shit" in their lives. In dangerous situations like a bank robbery, 99% of the time it will be resolved by a man. That is why women aren't seen as strong and aren't represted this way in media and movies.

• Represented*

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it's realistic. Women with fighting skills and confidence are pretty attractive (Laura croft is an old, good example). It also depends on the extent, many behaviours that are not great in males (swearing, spitting, abusive/mean, etc.) come off as even worse in females if enacted.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• What, being badass and good at fighting instead of just being the pretty love interest?
    I see nothing wrong with that.

4|1
    0|1
  • Maybe Hollywood had it wrong and it was men being like women all along.

2|1
    1|2
  • It’s just a damn movie. Most action movies are based around men, and not women. Obviously you’re sexist because being tough isn’t limited to being male. Yes, men are physically stronger, but you don’t have to be super tough to be a badass (; go ahead and dislike bc you’re obviously close minded 😘😘

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. We went from one extreme of “completely weak and can’t defend herself” to the other extreme of “she can kill you from across the world in a second”. Both are equally bad partly because they’re inaccurate representations of women, but mostly because it’s shitty writing lol

A good, well-rounded character has flaws, but people are so obsessed with making female characters “badass” that they won’t give them flaws and make them realistic (probably because if they had any weakness the Feminists™️ would show up and say it’s sexist)

1|5
    0|0
  • No. Being a badass isn't solely the territory of men.

3|3
    0|1
  • Not at all. Just because one is a girl doesn’t mean she can’t be badass.

1|1
    0|1
  • What?
    You mean showing that women are more similar to men than men would care to admit?
    Yeah... so progressive of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • y'all need to grow up and realise we r not that far apart when it comes to saving our ass

1|1
    0|0
  • This question makes no sense

1|1
    0|1
  • Huh?

1|1
    0|1
  • not yet

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 16

• It depends. If it’s something like Rey in Star Wars where you have space magic, then I have no problem. But when you have things like Atomic Blonde where a 120 pound woman is taking down 300 pound men with a fridge door and a front kick, then yes. It’s about how far you can suspend your disbelief.

1|0
    0|0
  • No...
    I actually love movies with women protagonists...
    Also female action movies never bothered me...
    They can be badass... we have to admit it... Not a physically strong as a man but that is just Nature... A female character with training can pretty much take out a bulky person.
    So , No... I dont get tired of those movies... I want more...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not tired of them making women like men, I'm tired of these stupid directors making them too OP (because of feminism) to have any good character development and a good plot
    But they are thrown out of the window and all we get is a self righteous and over powered/unstoppable female protagonist... which is very boring to be frank
    Flaws and weaknesses are just as important as the perks

0|2
    0|0
  • Its kinda annoying when they have an actress who is smaller than a guy who could beat him up and knock him out but when he hits her nothing happens. Its not realistic at all.

1|3
    0|0
  • Women can only fantasize of being a badass so Hollywood entertains that idea. It’s happening in game too. Stupid 3rd wave feminist inforced this idea.

0|2
    0|0
  • Being badass isn't limited to men. Look at all the successful female MMA and WWE women, they are just as tough and sometimes tougher than the men.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long both men and women have realistic skills then i'm not tired.
    What i'm tired from is that writers making most "badass" characters both male and female practically gods and that's disgusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at the snowflake who is offended by strong badass women

You like the barbie girls lol

0|1
    0|0
  • In some ways yes. Some women can be boss like that but in general men and women are very different

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumb question by a dumber person

0|1
    0|1
  • no its fine plus its a movie so who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • I simply don't care. It's part of the fauna.

0|0
    0|0
  • In what sense?

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer Wakaliwood.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but when they make men like women

0|0
    0|0
  • hell ya, feminism is cancer never forghetti