Video Games Don't make you Violent... Agree or Disagree?

This question has probably been asked tons of times before.

Bringing it up now cause of Trumps actions to speak to video game execs about the violence in games. Instead of dealing with the real issue.

Video games have been used throughout the last 30 or more years as a scapegoat for violence in society. Whenever there's any debate. Politicians love to go after video games.

I have been gaming since 3. All my life. So you may feel I have some bias. Which I might. But let me just say. My opinion is no. They do not cause people to be violent...

But, and this is the only leeway I give it. This applies to movies, books, anything really. They can influence an ALREADY disturbed individuals thoughts and they could do something awful.

Now to be clear this is NOT the movies or the games or the books fault. They hold 0 responsibility.

That person as I stated is usually already unstable. Emotionally or mentally and they might have stuff trigger them more than others.

So that's the only link I can admit to. Despite it being insanely rare. Someone who is already disturbed can be triggered by any form of violence.. And that's on them. Not the product.

Now I personally believe 10 year olds shouldn't be playing GTA. Even though I was. But don't need to be 18 either. I say 13 or older would be an okay age.

So parents blaming games for there 6 year old swearing and wanting to mimic the fighting game. That's on them. Kids mimic everything they see.

Now I've rambled enough. I like to hear others opinions. Video Games Don't make you Violent...Agree or Disagree?
  • Yes they do make you violent!
  • No they don't make you violent.
  • Yes, its creating desensitized killers
    Vote C
  • No all ages should be allowed to play any game
    Vote D
  • Other opinions... Tell me below...
    Vote E

1221

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure not. I think it's weird how much guns and video games are being blamed by media and politicians for the actions of deranged individuals. Guns for example was always part of culture in some countries, like US and Serbia, and that's never been a problem.

Video games are world wide spreaded among young people. Games like GTA, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil (I couldn't play RE before bedtime 😂), this was all part of my childhood and generation. And violent crime rates here in Hungary is among the lowest in the world. Another example is Japan, I've never seen a people so addicted in games, and there are some really bizarre ones lol. The no correlation between games and violence is obvious if we take in mind Japan is the most safe big nation in the world.

I think the nonsense violence is an American problem. Maybe they are consuming too much antidepressants, which have suicidal ideations as a side effect, and they are having a misperception that games and guns should be blamed for such events. If there are some individuals with delusional tendencies, it should be addressed, they should be kept out of video games and guns, not the entire people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE