How do you feel about movie adapted from video games and anime?

Do you think they shouldn't be made into live action films or you you think they should? If you do should they be closet related to the source material or focus on a new story line? And should they stay in Japan or move to Hollywood as well.How do you feel about movie adapted from video games and anime??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only been disappointed by them so far

0|1
    0|0
    • I have big hopes for the Naruto adaptation. But I can't except much tbh

• Show All
    • Well they are getting the original creator of Naruto to oversee it, and the writer was a fan of the show so I have high hopes. Make George Clooney Jiraiya pls lol

• Omg that would be amazing xD

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if they are not the same as the game/anime I like to watch the live action movies. I like to see how close they can get the movie to the game/anime and I enjoy them for that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, i have been disappointed with love action movie adapted from animes tons of times but i was actually really impressed by Gintama live action movie. If more live action movie would be like Gintama, then i wouldn't mind but if they will be like Black Butler live action, then i will probably just skip it and not watch it

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I liked Silent Hill and Warcraft: The Beginning but most of them aren't really good... Some stories work at best on the platform (=games, books, series) they are on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I liked Warcraft, things like books are easier to transform ca use no one can't really expect what the characters would look and sound like (unlike games and shows)

• Attack On Titan!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• However it's adapted, I think it only works if done right if the filmmakers understand the source material.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of these are written for episodic release and not a film. But some can be adapted, such as Overwatch. I want a movie of that so bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, they should stay as their classic TV shows, and games, personally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes