Do you watch or ever have watched Food Network?

I do enjoy it sometimes but I don't understand why they make cooking a competition and dramatic instead of a relaxing hobby

1429

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, i think because they already have other cooking shows like that but i think they make it so competitive in order to show exactly how good those chefs are. Like of they are pushed at such a high level then they can make way better and more creative things than if theyre just relaxing with their same old ingredients and same old utensils, the competition and dramatic intensity ignites the flame of creativity due to the wonder that is human nature, curiosity in its entirety. Just a thought.. It's hard to learn when they're going so fast and crazy though.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents are straight up obsessed with food network. I watch some shows with them when I’m back home, but I don’t really go out of my way to watch it. If Fox or whatever comes out with a cooking show, chances are they’ll be watching that too lol. If they can’t watch one they like live, they record it and watch it later.

Interestingly enough though, they’ve actually learned a bit from watching it. They try new cooking techniques now, and my dad now can flip the contents of a pan (like shaking the pan to stir) lmao. I think they’ve gotten a bit better at cooking on the whole.