Do you watch or ever have watched Food Network?

I do enjoy it sometimes but I don't understand why they make cooking a competition and dramatic instead of a relaxing hobby

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, i think because they already have other cooking shows like that but i think they make it so competitive in order to show exactly how good those chefs are. Like of they are pushed at such a high level then they can make way better and more creative things than if theyre just relaxing with their same old ingredients and same old utensils, the competition and dramatic intensity ignites the flame of creativity due to the wonder that is human nature, curiosity in its entirety. Just a thought.. It's hard to learn when they're going so fast and crazy though.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents are straight up obsessed with food network. I watch some shows with them when I’m back home, but I don’t really go out of my way to watch it. If Fox or whatever comes out with a cooking show, chances are they’ll be watching that too lol. If they can’t watch one they like live, they record it and watch it later.

Interestingly enough though, they’ve actually learned a bit from watching it. They try new cooking techniques now, and my dad now can flip the contents of a pan (like shaking the pan to stir) lmao. I think they’ve gotten a bit better at cooking on the whole.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Gotta get them ratings
    Ratings = $$$

I will admit I love shit like cutthroat kitchen because it's so weird. My favorite is still that one time they had to make pasta and one guy took away his competitor's spices or something and everyone was like "what the fuck why didn't you take his pasta?" and when the time came to judge the dishes the judges were like "hmm this is bland it could use some seasoning or something" to the guy who lost the spices.

0|1
    0|0
    • That sounds pretty entertaining, might have to check that show out

• I don't watch a network dedicated to food, but am trying to maintain a healthy diet so watch cookery shows for healthy recipes. I don't cook a lot yet but think it's a pretty important life skill. I don't like the competition element too, and sometimes the judges can be uppity which I don't like.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to be addicted to that channel! Cupcake Wars, Iron Chef: America, Chopped, Throwdown w/ Bobbly Flay, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives lol. I watched them all. I don't watch much actual TV anymore and just catch up on shows on Hulu so I haven't watched the channel in years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't but my husband loves to watch it. I can't watch it because it starves me to death lol then I go looking for something to munch on and it never satisfies the munchies I get

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if its like a junior cooking show. Right now i watch Fox’s masterchef junior

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Food Network so much! Favorite show, anyone? Mine's probably Worst Cooks in America.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love foodnetwork... and cooking channel

Travel Channel with Andrew Zimmern is my fav!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love food network! However I’m starting to love hell’s kitchen and master chef (junior too) a little more

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved that channel growing up

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • cutthroat kitchen is the best!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is drooling time

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• I miss the old Food Network where the focus was on the food, and not competition or drama. I get bored with new food network. My cousin and I used to watch it after waking up to get hungry for breakfast. We were big fans of Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals when it was still new

0|1
    0|0
  • The Travel Channel has basically become to Food Netwark.
    But in all seriousness, sometimes.
    I like that Giada di Lourentis girl. And I watched Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corwin, and I watched a few episodes of Man Fire Food, and one episode of Food: Fact or Fiction.

But yeah, I like that Giada girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like some of the shows on there. I think they have so many competition shows is because having a 24/7 channel dedicated to food and cooking they have to come up with different ways to keep people entertained and competition adds an air of excitement I guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes! I love Food Network! My favorite shows are
    Cutthroat Kitchen
    Worst Cooks in America
    Restaurant Impossible
    The Great Food Truck Race
    Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
    The Next Food Network Star AND
    Chopped

0|1
    0|0
  • I watched hours of it everyday for the first 13 years of my life lol and then fairly regularly since then. I am with you on it those things be a bit over dramatized at times, but the competition makes perfect sense and so does some of the drama. You have to understand that in real life the culinary field is ridiculously cutthroat. Becoming a professional is like becoming a doctor in that way. For those people cooking is the opposite of a relaxing hobby. It is like performing surgery, defending an accused murderer in court, arresting a thief, or doing income taxes. Cooking at a high level is all about competition and drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to. But i don't have a TV anymore and don't like TV much anymore. I do love Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Restaurant Impossible and Rachel Ray.

0|1
    0|0
  • They want to have people entertained so it needs to be a competition.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have, it made me discover different food in the world

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a chef by trade so I guess of course I would watch the Food Channel new and upcoming food ideas

0|1
    0|0
  • I only even watch it when im hungry (unintentionally)

0|0
    0|0
  • They have good segments. Seen one on a chicken parmigiana

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and I LOVE it. Sometimes I try learning how to make what I find there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have before. I would have watched again had Mario Batali not sexually harassed his employees.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Chopped is one of my favs.

0|1
    0|0
  • I watch to every day the Pioneer woman

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah! All the time! It's super easy watching!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah they make a lot of unusual recipes

0|1
    0|0
  • I just watched man vs food.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah some times

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys