Should Get Out have won the Academy Award for Best Picture?

Jordan Peele has become the first African American to win an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay: variety.com/.../

Should Get Out have won Best Picture too? Did you watch it?Should Get Out have won the Academy Award for Best Picture??

914

Most Helpful Girls

• I've seen Get Out, and its one of those movies that i'll watch again in my grave. there were plenty of other good movies, with more meaning and more insight on life, or just even with more fun... I found this film to be very shallow and naïve

• Yes it should've. it was scary as hell. crazy twist in the end

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm fine with that he is being recognised, but honestly, I didn't think Get Out was a particularly good movie. I was quite disappointed with it actually after reading and hearing so much about it. I found it surprisingly shallow and uneven. But I respect what it is trying to stand for and what it means that it was recognised by the Academy for it. Then again, I really don't care about the Oscars and find their choices usually bland, safe and unoriginal. But maybe this win also shows a change in that as well.

• I actuality watched it randomly, didn't realise it's that much of good movie