Should Get Out have won the Academy Award for Best Picture?

Jordan Peele has become the first African American to win an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay: variety.com/.../

Should Get Out have won Best Picture too? Did you watch it?Should Get Out have won the Academy Award for Best Picture??

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've seen Get Out, and its one of those movies that i'll watch again in my grave. there were plenty of other good movies, with more meaning and more insight on life, or just even with more fun... I found this film to be very shallow and naïve

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it should've. it was scary as hell. crazy twist in the end

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm fine with that he is being recognised, but honestly, I didn't think Get Out was a particularly good movie. I was quite disappointed with it actually after reading and hearing so much about it. I found it surprisingly shallow and uneven. But I respect what it is trying to stand for and what it means that it was recognised by the Academy for it. Then again, I really don't care about the Oscars and find their choices usually bland, safe and unoriginal. But maybe this win also shows a change in that as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actuality watched it randomly, didn't realise it's that much of good movie

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 12

• I think it was a good movie. Should it will an award? I don't know. I don't know why 90% of the movies that win awards actually do. Movies as works of art are very subjective. Some people will love a particular flick, while others might absolutely hate it. To each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having the best screenplay doesn't mean you'll have the best film. Del Toro is an amazing direct who deserves the film of the year and best director awards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... It ~could~ have, because it is also a very good film.

But "The Shape of Water" is just the type of movie the Academy members like better.

0|0
    0|0
  • The film didn't win... and rightly so. It was garbage

0|0
    2|0
  • Lol um... it didn't. The Shape of Water did.

What are you talking about?

0|0
    0|0
    • Ohhh my mistake, I misread the question. Anyway, no. Shape of Water was a superior film.

• I always love horror movies but never saw it pls spoil it for me now

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, no fucking way

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes he should have

1|0
    0|1
  • Nah, man... It's not that good.

0|1
    1|0