Dark Humour - Good or Bad?

Personally I love dark humour. I think it's a good way to make bad situations easier to deal with in some cases, in others it can highlight obvious problems in society and make it into a joke. But if course there are some that aren't, theyre just plain dark humour.
Do you like it?
Do you think it's offensive?

I sometimes worry that admitting to people dark humour is something I like (tbf, i like virtually every type of comedy) might make them think i'm sexist/racist/homophobc etc. Which i'm not. As far as I am concerned everyone is equal, we're all humans living in the same place and should be given equal rights and treat equally etc.
I remember seeing articles saying people who like dark humour are more intellgient etc.. although i feel like thats just people trying to justify their own racist/sexist etc. views by saying its a joke.

What do you think to dark humour?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I love dark humor so much. Honestly, I love all humor from innocent to offensive asf, but dark humor holds a special place in my heart. I think it takes an individual who has a fair amount of wit and doesn’t get offended as easily to truly appreciate what that type of comedy has to offer.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the last year I've had a buddy go off a bridge on his motorcycle and die followed by the suicide of 2 more friends because of that situation then watched a kid hang himself from a building then my wife divorced me to start dating a friend of mine then I tried to start dating a girl and her best friend killed himself because he was in love with her and didn't want her to date someone else then 5 days after that 2 of my friends died in a murder suicide then a couple months after that I got sexually assaulted so dark humor is pretty much all I have. my sense of humor is so dark because of how much shit has gone down in the last year. The fact that I can take shitty things and turn them into jokes is prolly the only reason I'm still able to wake up and roll out of bed. 19/20 has been a rough age for me.