Dark Humour - Good or Bad?

Personally I love dark humour. I think it's a good way to make bad situations easier to deal with in some cases, in others it can highlight obvious problems in society and make it into a joke. But if course there are some that aren't, theyre just plain dark humour.
Do you like it?
Do you think it's offensive?

I sometimes worry that admitting to people dark humour is something I like (tbf, i like virtually every type of comedy) might make them think i'm sexist/racist/homophobc etc. Which i'm not. As far as I am concerned everyone is equal, we're all humans living in the same place and should be given equal rights and treat equally etc.
I remember seeing articles saying people who like dark humour are more intellgient etc.. although i feel like thats just people trying to justify their own racist/sexist etc. views by saying its a joke.

What do you think to dark humour?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love dark humor so much. Honestly, I love all humor from innocent to offensive asf, but dark humor holds a special place in my heart. I think it takes an individual who has a fair amount of wit and doesn’t get offended as easily to truly appreciate what that type of comedy has to offer.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In the last year I've had a buddy go off a bridge on his motorcycle and die followed by the suicide of 2 more friends because of that situation then watched a kid hang himself from a building then my wife divorced me to start dating a friend of mine then I tried to start dating a girl and her best friend killed himself because he was in love with her and didn't want her to date someone else then 5 days after that 2 of my friends died in a murder suicide then a couple months after that I got sexually assaulted so dark humor is pretty much all I have. my sense of humor is so dark because of how much shit has gone down in the last year. The fact that I can take shitty things and turn them into jokes is prolly the only reason I'm still able to wake up and roll out of bed. 19/20 has been a rough age for me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's funny, it's just my opinion though. Some can't handle it and those are the boring people who are not sarcastic and take a joke.

1|1
    0|0
  • I do love some dark humour, there are some touchy subjects in there I prefer not to joke about but I wouldn't be offended. They're great and hilarious!

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation in which it's used, I suppose but I'm usually good with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gotta love well timed dark humor and sarcasm! It definitely has its place & nothing quite like it. I like well timed humor of all sorts although I personally do not like vulgar comedy

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• It all depends on the context and situation in my opinion, if it doesn't fit with the people you're around it's probably best to take a pass on using it, if it fits well or can alleve a tough situation that's probably the best time to use it, and can open doors to use it other times with the people that were around when it was tastefully used.

Best of luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • I fucking love dark humour.
    I might go to hell for it, but what the hell, all my friends are gonna be there anyway!

0|0
    0|0
  • There’s nothing wrong with dark humor, it’s good to be able to laugh about most things.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes