Did you like the Black Panther movie?

How did you like it? What made you enjoy it?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Could be better
    Vote C
  • Id watch it again
    Vote D

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Immensely. I thought the conversation the movie provoked about responsibility to one's community and beyond that our responsibility to the human race was compelling.

You have the ending scenes where T'Challa pledges to build a community center in Los Angeles to help with poor "Black" communities. Then you have the scene where T'Challa is at the podium at the UN pledging that Wakanda would share its resources with the rest of the world.

It is an interesting conversation. The movie reaches its own conclusions of course. But it is debatable. That isn't the course the world is on now. Right now, many nations are pursing nationalist isolationist policies. Many are like the old guard in Wakanda. That "outsiders" are trouble. And we have some folks involved in the conversation who have no good intentions at all. They simply spin from one position to the next depending upon which gives them the biggest advantage in whatever debate they are having.

But an honest discussion about the movie's primary moral conclusion it something people should have.

But that is what sets it apart from all the other hero flicks I have seen.

The good thing about traditional nationalists is that at least they are consistent.