Are you often emotionally invested in books, movies, or music? Which kind affects you most?

What form of entertainment are you emotionally invested in, if at all?

I get way too invested in musicals like Be More Chill and Dear Evan Hansen. I'm such a crybaby when I hear "Michael in the Bathroom" or "Waving Through a Window." Maybe it's because they're relatable but it really gets to me.
I think my main choice, when it comes to emotional attachment, would be musicals since they incorporate round characters, music, and an interesting plot/story-line.
  • Music
  • Books/Comics
  • TV Shows/Movies
    Vote C
  • Musicals
    Vote D
  • I don't get emotionally invested in entertainment
    Vote E
  • Other (Explain)
    Vote F
If you like video games, or any games in general, select "other."

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Music or video games. I really like to dive deep into the stories abd ideas of video games, so rpg's that you can actually influence the world around you in get me the most invested

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True, true! I should've added video games as an option. Too late now I guess :)
      by the way I love your profile picture. Wolves are my favorite animal.

• Cool! I love those "choose your own adventure" books. Do you play D&D by any chance? Youd definitely like it.
      I'm only able to update the question by adding description text, not changing or adding options to the poll sadly.

• I don't, I've looked into it though. And yeah, that's what I mean. You can't change the option, but you can clarify in the main text

Most Helpful Girl

• I love books. I read everyday

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's great! Books captivate me in a different way than music or movies do. I understand the appeal :)
      Sadly I don't read as much as I used to, though. But it's really wonderful that there are still book lovers like yourself out there.

• I'm a rarity but we do exist