Rate this Stand up comedian out of 5: Chris Rock?

After working as a standup comic and appearing in small film roles, Chris Rock came to wider prominence as a cast member of Saturday Night Live in the early 1990s. He was voted the fifth-greatest stand-up comedian in a poll conducted by Comedy Central. He was also voted in the United Kingdom as the ninth-greatest stand-up comic on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups in 2007, and again in the updated 2010 list as the eighth-greatest stand-up comic.

Rock's subject matter typically involves family, politics, romance, music, class relationships, and race relations in the United States. Though not strictly autobiographical, much of his comic standpoint seems rooted in his teenage experience; his strict parents, concerned about the inadequacies of the local school system, arranged to have the adolescent Rock bused to a nearly all-white high school in Bensonhurst (an Italian-ethnic neighborhood of Brooklyn known at the time for poor race relations). In his memoir Rock This, the comedian recalls, "My parents assumed I'd get a better education in a better neighborhood. What I actually got was a worse education in a worse neighborhood. And a whole bunch of ass-whippings."

Results of previous polls:

Eddie Murphy: 4.3/5
Robin Williams: 4.2/5
Richard Pryor: 4/5
Rodney Dangerfield: 3.9/5
Steve Martin: 3.9/5
Dave Chappelle: 3.9/5
George Carlin: 3.9/5
Mitch Hedberg: 3.8/5
Bill Burr: 3.8/5
Louis C. K.: 3.8/5
Kevin Hart: 3.7/5
Bob Hope: 3.5/5
Jim Carrey: 3.4/5
Norm Macdonald: 3.4/5
Sam Kinison: 3.3/5
Don Rickles: 3.3/5
Tim Allen: 3.3/5
Jerry Seinfeld: 3.2/5
Jim Gaffigan: 3.2/5
Bill Cosby: 3.1/5
David Spade: 3.1/5
Dane Cook: 3/5
George Lopez: 3/5
Adam Sandler: 2.9/5
Ellen Degeneres: 2.5/5
Bill Maher: 2.3/5
Rosanne Barr: 2.2/5
  • 5/5 The best comedian ever!
    Vote A
  • 4/5 very funny
    Vote B
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not very funny
    Vote D
  • 1/5 worst comedian ever
    Vote E
  • Who's Chris Rock?
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• He’s sorta funny. I used to find him very funny but he’s gotten a tad bit annoying over the years. I’ll give a 3

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 5/5 as i'd say he's one of my favorite stand-ups. still haven't watched his newest set on netflix. excited to check it out

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

What Guys Said 13

• I would love to know why people that don't like a comedian, their view of why not and reasoning. Just would find it informative and interesting.

0|1
    0|0
  • He has some funny lines in there not too bad.
    3/5 sorta funny... You have some pretty good comedian threads going on. Keep up the good work

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I know that you did not give me most helpful award but I got it anyway thanks to the Gag selection committee

• Very funny, material doesn’t change much though, seems funnier in his movies

1|1
    0|0
  • Another in my top 5! He and Carlin basically ruled the 90's. Did well movie wise as well..

0|1
    0|0
  • He was funnier before he got all angry at white Hollywood.

0|1
    0|0
  • 3/5 I like his standup but not a fan of him in movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm surprised Katt Williams isn't on the list.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah he is great. I gave him 4.

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/5 Love Chris Rock

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 Very funny

0|1
    0|0
  • 4/5 normally but his new Netflix special 6/5