What is your opinion on me who play video games?

I've come across an increasing number of women who consider it childish and a waste of time.

54

Most Helpful Girl

• It's only bad if it's the only thing you do ever. I enjoy gaming quite a bit so a player 2 or somebody to look at puzzles I'm stuck on from a new angle is always nice.

In an extremely awful example of the kind of gamer you shouldn't be. I had a friend who's boyfriend dropped out of high school, lived at home, never got a job, and just would game all day. My friend fucking made him a resume once when he said he was thinking of applying at the local game store for discounts. Then two days later asked if he'd submitted it and he yelled at her because she made him "look bad" on it and he'd decided he didn't want to work anyway. What made him look bad by the way, was the part where she included what high school he'd gone to. She oversold him a lot on that thing, put in stuff about how he was detail-oriented and good at making plans and shit when... he didn't do fucking anything. His parents would give him $300 a month and on their 5th anniversary he bought $300 worth of Skylanders figures and didn't even text her. He's the only one I don't like. Also he wasn't even good at any of the games he played so much. He was trying to go pro and I fucking obliterated him the first time I ever played Overwatch while just fucking around. Elite strategy my ass.

She's dumped him by now but man was that hard to watch. She tried so hard and that dude was just a leech.

• There's always those outliers. But you can't help those who don't want it. I'm sure there are some deeper routed problems there that could use some therapy. Thanks for the answer and sharing your personal accounts.

• Yeah I know that guy's hardly the representative of all gamers. He just needs some serious help but won't get it unless he wants to change, which, from what I've seen of him lately, he still doesn't.

• A damn shame, you hate to see that happen. Damn people's pride!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• And sitting and watching Netflix the same amount of hours isn't a waste of time. You're good man, i game, but i also have a life outside of the games.

• It's all about the balance between all of those things. Things you do on life to progress and things you do to wind down. Do them both!

• Thats what I'm saying man!